Author Topic: Full driving licence, how long have you had yours ?  (Read 5766 times)

Engine Driver

• View Profile
Re: Full driving licence, how long have you had yours ?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
I always wave to kids when they are watching the trains, theory being if I wave to them now they might not swat rocks at me when they get older!! :)) :))
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
I always wave to kids when they are watching the trains, theory being if I wave to them now they might not swat rocks at me when they get older!! :)) :))

:)) Always a possibility I suppose  :)) and yes there are drivers who wave back which is lovely

I took a youngster in the half term to watch the trains and said if you wave to the driver sometimes they will sound their horns or wave back.
The child waved the driver sounded his horn - the child ducked under my jacket as they didn't realise how loud it would be.
After that there was no waving from the child   :))
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
Yes a wave and a tootle on the frootle costs nothing and does get a smile................. usually! :))
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

mycul

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »
12th February 1967, my 17th birthday

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »
Yes a wave and a tootle on the frootle costs nothing and does get a smile................. usually! :))

We went to the Darley Dale Steam engines and when the steam train came in/out the young one was again under my coat.
He enjoys watching them but doesn't like the noise level.  ;D
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk