Author Topic: Phew  (Read 1042 times)

emmz

• View Profile
Phew
« on: July 02, 2014, 08:55:15 PM »
What a day its been for me today,
Little un was not so well yesterday so was unable to do the after school club, complaining that her tummy hurt etc,
I went out in the eve so wasnt back til gone 9, she was asleep in the main bed...noticed that as she was breathing it was taking a lot of effort but decided to leave and see how she was today.
Still the same this morning so booked her into docs for 10:10 so she went to school for an hour before i picked her up...
Doc takes a look at her does the normal checks, she too is non too happy at the effort its taking just to breath, and a slight wheeze on her right hand side. She doctor calls a doc at the Nightingale wing at the royal and asks for Laura to go down for a check, so its home time with a phonecall to school to tell them and phone work to tell them i will not be in.
Get to the hospital onto the Ward get seen, Laura is looked at again.......
Tonsils inflammed still a slight wheeze lets see how it goes, first they decide to try her on the blue inhaler 8 puffs...
Check again an hour later to see how she is, doctor firstly says she sounds better lets send her home cue me thinking yay.
Then for some reason after her obs the doc comes back and says lets do a chest X-ray (boooo) so we toddle for that, chest x-ray shows a slight patch on her chest.
Cue antibiotics and the inhaler to bring home.
We got back at around 6:30 after going this morning.
Laura has been an angel and other than her cough has been well enough, teh outcome is an infection on her chest (slight pneumonia) but the antibiotics should clear that up with the inhaler to help the wheeziness...
I really really cannot fault the doctors or the hospital. all were amazing and I am glad i followed my instinct.. so thats me day in a nutshell a day off work and time spent in a hospital wing ;D

Slacker

• View Profile
Re: Phew
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »
All the best

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 09:01:39 PM »
With a mum like you, your daughter couldn't ask for better.

Good on yer Em. :)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »
Cheers, its suprising how tiring it is even though your sat waiting to see what happens,
I have only taken her once before and that was back in 2010, when my other half had pneumonia and she was also ill with goodness knows what...

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »
Seeing your FB posts of the young one gives you credit in my book Emmz.
Respect  ;)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:30:45 PM »
M.
Mums know their child better than anyone Emmz.
Hope she recovers soon x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk