Author Topic: Taxi debate on DT FB page LOL  (Read 1373 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Taxi debate on DT FB page LOL
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »
The DT posted this status on FB yesterday evening:
A taxi driver has complained takings have been slashed by half since Bar Centro closed. Do you think town is quieter since it closed down?

I replied:
Me and my wife are both taxi drivers in town and haven't heard one other driver even mention this, 'story', about losing takings. It's ridiculous. About time the DT started printing news stories and not idle gossip or rumours. I have a yearly subscription to the DT, I sometimes wonder why ?

There were several other comments made by a Paul Mann and a Michelle Mann asking what days did we work and who for. I replied:
To answer Mr and Mrs Manns questions. Hello Paul, you know me and the wife, didn't you used to work along side us on the ranks in a hackney cab.
We work Monday to Friday Michelle. We work for Celia's Taxis.
I backed that up with another post:
Just to reiterate: [Quote: By me] Me and my wife are both taxi drivers in town and haven't heard one other driver even mention this.

I don't understand why you are ranting on here when you know us/me !!

Saw Paul Mann in town today, he appeared to avoid me. Got home, checked FB and BANG. Post by him:
ha can I now please put a few things straight . the husband and wife taxi driver who say that he has heard no one complaint on the rank. can I point out that mr Featherstone now I know who he is only works days Monday to Friday and the odd Saturday day. he would also not have heard anything as this is about the corporation street end and there is no taxi rank down there. plus the taxi who park outside bar Centro and outside association do so despite having letter from cbc telling them not to do so and have also deliberately ignored the police cones put there telling them not to park and they constantly did this until they got there own way despite bars saying that they wanted it kept closed because of health and safety. but this went out the window and the police pushed for it as they say violent crime had dropped but did not say anything about the money they will save putting their budget before public safety. if he had took the time to read all the facts before attacking me he would have seen it was the night time economy. plus as a day driver he would not even now what we was on about and as a hackney driver he and his wife would not even be working Sunday and Wednesday night as most hackneys done work these nights in the town centre at all. so when quoting on the debate he is not qualified to comment and would not and dose not know the facts. plus this mainly affects the private hire trade which forms the biggest part of the taxi trade. can I say if he wants to know the real fact can he work night. as if the night time economy keeps getting worse we will all have to start working days which would mean there would be more cars chasing the e work on his shift.
perhaps then Mr Featherstone when your wages are affected you may know what we are on about and you just may moan yourself

Here's my reply. I'll let you know if there's any news  >: >;
You could have talked with me about this subject in town today after you'd been and had a chat with Eric on the Elder Way taxi rank, probably asking him who I was LOL
No, you then walked past the us both on the Knifesmith Gate rank and totally blanked us both. You'd sooner go home an pen this utter rubbish to try and ridicule myself and my good lady wife. I merely stated me and the wife hadn't heard anything.
May I ask you why Michelle Mann has deleted all her comments from this thread. Is it to make me look the monster on here.
As regards our wages, we're fine. We get on with the job instead of constantly complaining about things with a, 'God owes me a favour', attitude !

Shame on you Paul. I thought you were a friend
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Taxi debate on DT FB page LOL
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
Oh dear 'troubles in the ranks' then fly.
Maybe too many taxi drivers around as well, it spreads the work thinly
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
Paul doesn't work the ranks anymore OC. He's private hire now, and likes slagging hackney drivers off.
Apparently even the ones he used to work with. He's so clever he didn't even know my name.
I know his name, he also used to be a Cllr in Staveley. 'Used to be'.  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:05 PM »
I think Cllr burrows once referred to Cllr manns debating skills as going 10 rounds with Sooty!! Obviously hasn't improved
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »
No disrespect to Mr Mann. I've sort of got an apology on FB for his wifes 'dissapeared comments aimed at me.'  .
I might not be the brightest person politicaly, I'm no idiot !!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk