Author Topic: Things that really annoy me  (Read 9511 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
Re: Things that really annoy me
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 11:22:43 PM »
Virgin Media roadworks  >:( every turn i make they've got the damn road, or pavement dug up.! >:

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 09:23:37 PM »
Wait until the infrastructure is actually finished.

That's when they start knocking on your door and filling your letter box with junk mail, trying to get you to buy a subscription.

>:(

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 01:55:31 PM »
Things that annoy me {post lockdown}

Discarded face masks that have become the number one piece of rubbish that now litter our streets.

The compulsory wearing of face masks on buses, being driven by someone not wearing one {the last time I checked I don't think just a perspex screen is an antidote to Covid}

Still no policing of people not wearing masks in shops.

The police cannot be everywhere so asking them to police this issue is a non starter, it's down to the shop staff, like just simply putting a sign outside the shop that's very clear and concise and BIG...  " NO MASK.....NO SERVE" 
 and having more staff at the doors, The non wearers will soon start to drop into line when faced with an empty larder and fridge.

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. We followed a "druggie" into Morrison's Staveley the other day, {you can tell them a mile off} phone up to his ear no mask walked straight in and made a beeline for the booze department. I didn't see him after that but if Morrisons have expensive bottles of booze right next to the entrance, where there are no checkouts then no one would should be surprised at the result.
I will even go as far as to suggest supermarkets let some pilfering slide as it's probably far easier, cheaper and moreover safer than challenging them.   
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »
Things that annoy me {post lockdown}

Discarded face masks that have become the number one piece of rubbish that now litter our streets.

The compulsory wearing of face masks on buses, being driven by someone not wearing one {the last time I checked I don't think just a perspex screen is an antidote to Covid}

Still no policing of people not wearing masks in shops.

The police cannot be everywhere so asking them to police this issue is a non starter, it's down to the shop staff, like just simply putting a sign outside the shop that's very clear and concise and BIG...  " NO MASK.....NO SERVE" 
 and having more staff at the doors, The non wearers will soon start to drop into line when faced with an empty larder and fridge.

Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath. We followed a "druggie" into Morrison's Staveley the other day, {you can tell them a mile off} phone up to his ear no mask walked straight in and made a beeline for the booze department. I didn't see him after that but if Morrisons have expensive bottles of booze right next to the entrance, where there are no checkouts then no one would should be surprised at the result.
I will even go as far as to suggest supermarkets let some pilfering slide as it's probably far easier, cheaper and moreover safer than challenging them.

I share your frustrations with the above !!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »
Thought I'd tag onto this topic, as it's apt.

Went away for a few days a couple of weeks ago and virtually every place we went in, be it just for a drink or maybe food, they said, or had a sign on the door saying "Sign in with the app using your phone" and when I told them I don't possess such a phone and pulled out my Doro {NO.... not a euphemism} I really do have a Doro phone, they look at me as if I'd just come from the dark ages. Surely I can't be the only one with such a phone. I sometimes think it's my fault and I should get a "proper" phone and drag myself into the 21st century, you know the ones, the big square ones that you can watch Tic-Toc on, take millions of photos you'll only ever look at once, make funny faces with your pictures, cheat on pub quizzes with it and pay for literally anything by just waving it in the air.

No I'll just keep whipping my Doro out for now, it's all the technology I need.   

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2021, 12:41:56 PM »
Surely they had a sheet for you to sign in that way! Not everyone has mobile phones.
The only time I have come unstuck was in Edinburgh on our steam train trip. My app wouldn't work --- dohhhh that was because I was in Scotland! Needless to say the assistant showed me how to sign in on line by a different method

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 08:41:46 PM »
Surely they had a sheet for you to sign in that way! Not everyone has mobile phones.

Only one place we went in had a clipboard and pen O.C., one place wanted me to E mail them when I got home with details of my visit there, you can see the look on their faces of "Oh my God another wrinkly" I even had one lad in a pub, as soon as I showed him my phone, started to talk louder as if I was deaf. The training regime for staff in pubs must be abysmal.
Judging by the age of the staff in some of these places a lot of them probably won't know what pen and paper is!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 12:50:13 PM »
Only one place we went in had a clipboard and pen O.C., one place wanted me to E mail them when I got home with details of my visit there, you can see the look on their faces of "Oh my God another wrinkly" I even had one lad in a pub, as soon as I showed him my phone, started to talk louder as if I was deaf. The training regime for staff in pubs must be abysmal.
Judging by the age of the staff in some of these places a lot of them probably won't know what pen and paper is!

Unfortunately I think you are correct Sorastro. Not everyone moves with the times and these people should be accommodated accordingly

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2021, 07:44:54 PM »
Went to town this morning and had occasion to walk past Tui's travel agents.
 I looked in and saw a couple in there obviously looking to get / book a holiday and I thought..hang on!

Half the world is in a Covid lock down, and the other half is ablaze, JUST WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO???

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2021, 02:27:04 PM »
They will probably go to which ever country will have them - rather them than me!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 12:35:02 PM »
One more thing that has cropped up.... quite recently. Over the past few weeks I've had occasion to speak to people either over the phone or in person and their responses, especially when speaking to females {especially the younger ones} when I ask a question or query something that's maybe simple to them was they have started replying "ahh bless".
Now I know they obviously mean well, and it's obviously not intentional, but I DO find it rather patronising... especially since I spent ALL my working life dealing with the public face to face and was taught the importance of etiquette by my mentor from day one.

It's just these little things that remind me I'm not a teenager anymore, especially now when I look in the mirror and I see my dad staring back at me!!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 10:39:27 AM »
Niggles currently for me is the Byeee bye bye.
Just ONE bye or cheerio is enough thanks!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »
Been to Asda at Forest town this morning {so much for my carbon footprint!} but if Boris can fly down South for today's P.M.Q's and then fly back for COP26 in Scotland then I'm sure someone will forgive my little indiscretion.

I was astounded at the number of trolleys just left in bays and on the walkways because the shoppers who used them are too bone idle to walk 20 feet and put them in the trolley "parks".
What happens if it's windy and the trolley starts heading towards a parked car, simple IT'S NOT THEIR CAR....why should they care!
And it's every supermarket you go to that supply "free" trolleys, go back to putting a quid in the slot, they'll put them back then.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2021, 06:58:59 PM »
Been to Asda at Forest town this morning {so much for my carbon footprint!} but if Boris can fly down South for today's P.M.Q's and then fly back for COP26 in Scotland then I'm sure someone will forgive my little indiscretion.

I was astounded at the number of trolleys just left in bays and on the walkways because the shoppers who used them are too bone idle to walk 20 feet and put them in the trolley "parks".
What happens if it's windy and the trolley starts heading towards a parked car, simple IT'S NOT THEIR CAR....why should they care!
And it's every supermarket you go to that supply "free" trolleys, go back to putting a quid in the slot, they'll put them back then.

It's the same in Clay Cross Tesco at times, pure lazyness!
We have been having issues with Tesco trolleys - the wheels are jamming!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 08:25:30 PM »
I'm convinced there is someone on the end of the trolley production line with a sledgehammer and as the trolleys pass he gives each front wheel a whack!..........it's the only explanation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk