Author Topic: London Olympics  (Read 12868 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: London Olympics
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 01:00:48 AM »
top bloke. yes sat it out. Nice one UK
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

k4blades

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 07:32:22 AM »
Makes a change to see Paul McCartney ending an event!!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
TBH, I thought he was the worst thing I saw all night.
He's deffo past it !!
I turned the tv off and went to bed  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
TBH, I thought he was the worst thing I saw all night.
He's deffo past it !!
I turned the tv off and went to bed  ::)

Why do they have to bring him out each time?  I thought Cliff was going to turn up and do a duet with him at one point.  He always looks to me as if hes been really hot and his face has melted.

The Ceremony was brilliant, Bond and the Queen and also Mr Bean were brilliant.  The 'forged' rings in the sky were a sight to see too.  Im pleased that we didnt make ourselves out to be idiots.

Note to Government, Danny Boyle can make this country stand out, now its your turn.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »
I really enjoyed it though we only got to watch the first dozen or so teams march past. And purely by chance I put the tv back on just in time to see the end.

Yes, James Bond and the Queen was a clever stunt.

I was very proud. :)

Especially the NHS part where the doctors and nurses danced with the kids/beds thingy. The NHS is one of the greatest achievements in the world and I'm glad it got into the great achievements of the UK.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:12:01 PM by Pete »
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »
I enjoyed it too, although was there a 'cock up' when Paul McCartney started to sing 'Hey Jude'? It sounded as though he'd begun to sing out of sync and had to start again?  q?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 04:17:29 PM »
I reckon he forgot he was supposed to be miming...  :o :))

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
I reckon he forgot he was supposed to be miming...  :o :))

Go wash your mouth out!!  :o  ;D
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »
Surprised myself today, as I watched a fair amount of the Olympics on the BBC satellite channels, and quite enjoyed it (good job as there's feck all else on!!

Watching womens volleyball at the moment (why is there no commentary?)  ::) as it's indoors and there's less to distract me - I've actually learnt a little of how it's played!!  8) I have also noticed that there's a fair amount of 'bottom patting' going on when one side wins a point..............if there's a mixed sex team - count me in!!!  Yp

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »
Wondered how you spent your retired lifetime  ::)

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
Wondered how you spent your retired lifetime  ::)

:P :P :P :P

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »
Happy days!!! Watched Womens' Beach Volleyball this morning!!  :P :P :P :P :P

I did notice that there were very few empty seats!! Watched Spain vs Argentina (Spain won) and Brazil vs Germany (Brazil won), it wasn't as easy identifying the German side as they'd shaved their armpits to confuse me!!  ::) Seriously, the game is very entertaining (not just from an aesthetic point of view either), it's fast paced and quite skilfull.

Just hope when they shower after the match that they manage to get the sand out of all those 'important little places'!!  8)

Boris Johnson was let loose on the microphone (big mistake!) and one of his comments was that the only reason they managed to convince Gordon Brown to spend the money on hosting the Olympics, was to reassure him that he would be able to see the womens' beach volleyball event from his office window! Not the kind of remark to make from someone in his position (although absolutely fine on this forum!!).

I have to say that, apart from the rights and wrongs of whether we should have hosted it, we seem to be doing a decent enough job and the number of (satellite) tv channels showing different events is marvellous (not sure when I can get the housework done though!)

simondjuk

• View Profile

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 03:43:52 PM »

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »
If the girl won fair and square then the critics should be ashamed. To lop for or five seconds off your best deserves praise, not snide remarks.

Totally unprofessional behaviour from the American coach - a close relative of Mitt Romney?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk