Author Topic: Horse sh...muck  (Read 813 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Horse sh...muck
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:43:01 PM »
I have never seen so much of the stuff on our streets as I see now. I've said it before and will keep on repeating, it if dog owners have to clean up after their dogs why can't horse owners do the same.
By the time vehicles have driven through it the mess could spread for yards. When I was young we had horses delivering on our street but any mess they made was swiftly shovelled into a bucket and used on the garden, nowadays very very few people grow their own veg, or for that matter grow anything at all {unless it's in pots and in the attic!} so it's just left to become an eyesore.

I was following four horse riders going through our estate the other day, obviously couldn't drive past them so crawled along behind them.   I managed to get on when they turned right and as I went passed one of the riders looked back at me as if I had no right to be on the planet.
I put most horse riders in the same category as most drivers of expensive flashy motors, they get this air of superiority about them, I bet that riders name was Pippa. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Horse sh...muck
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
As a young lass my job was to run outside with a bucket and shovel to chuck it round dads Roses  :))

I have to agree though that both cycle and horse riders can at times be inconsiderate. It is more difficult for horse riders to let vehicles pass but some of the roads both sets choose to use just are not suitable for other vehicles and them.
I have crawled behind cyclists at 2 MPH when around the country side and they just stop and let the stream of traffic pass.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk