General Category > General Discussion

Prince Phillip

(1/2) > >>

Sorastro:
 I'm sorry, but.....

He died yesterday, yes very sad, but why is it taking up SO much air time on television?
Why must the announcement of his death and the outpouring of grief suddenly explode into epic proportions, not just on the B.B.C. but it took over all the main channels yesterday from about 12 dinner time right through till midnight. Literally every T.V. station was sent into an instant frenzy searching the archives for any snippet of royalty, and lets face it there is no shortage, and the B.B.C. yesterday putting about 2 minutes of clipped together footage going round and round on a loop. Anyone and everyone that knew or came into contact with Phillip and the Royal family in general were wheeled out to give their "accounts" of having met and spoke to him. This endless stream of people being plonked in front of computers for a Zoom interview talking about him as if they were old drinking buddies or his next door neighbour {and they are still at it on B.B.C. breakfast this morning}

The main T.V. channels do this all the time when something really major happens worldwide, yes people need to be informed. Whenever something happens I watch about half an hour just to get the who, what, where and why then I move on, yes not everyone gets to know what's occurred at the same time but that's what the news bulletins at designated times of the day are for, not for completely taking over the airways, not having it crammed down your throats. Thank heavens for the on/off switch.

Alsatian:
I said exactly the same thing, why not put it on BBC2 ITV2 More4 and leave the major channels alone?

I felt sorry for my sister, as there was nothing for her to watch (neither was there for us come to that) at all last night. We could watch other things (youtube etc) but she wouldn't be able to work it.

Having said that, at age 72 we bought her a smart phone so we could have video calls (we've not seen her since last September). The care home staff have now got her on WhatsApp so we can now share photos & videos, she can also voice message us!

Old Cruser:
I watched some old footage during the afternoon of his death and enjoyed it - but I didn't to keep watching it. I just delved into what i had recorded as standby and we watched that instead.

I agree Alsatian we have so many  ways these days to see and speak to others. It's not quite the same as face to face but a good option and I should think will give you all much pleasure.

Sorastro:
Apparently the Beeb has been inundated with complaints about it's obvious overkill {excuse the pun} of Philip's death by shutting down it's scheduled programmes on the 9th, fancy that!!

Sorastro:
Using this post as it concerns a royal, this argument that's erupting about serving papers to Andrew over the rape case by handing them over to a policeman on duty on the grounds.

Even I know that's NOT serving someone with papers, if it was they may as well have just posted them, or better still drop them in the nearest bin because that's what will happen anyway.
To be served papers is what it says on the tin, the person or persons that are to be served have to have the document physically placed in their hands for it to be effective as anyone can say they never received them, which Andrew's lawyers will no doubt claim. This is why he is out of the public gaze and not doing royal walkabouts etc. because serving papers then would be a doddle.
The next step for the court is to try him In Absentia, better still we should swop Andrew for Ann Sacoolas

Whoever it was who was asked to serve those papers should find themselves another profession. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version