Author Topic: PayPal question?  (Read 1581 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
PayPal question?
« on: July 09, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »
I use eBay now and again to buy odds and ends recently I brought an item but did not arrive so the seller agreed to refund it . As I understand it when you buy items off eBay the money goes out of your bank account via PayPal to the seller. Will the refund go back into my bank account or go into a PayPal account, if the money goes into the PayPal account how do you withdraw it . IV looked though PayPal website to be honest couldnt find anything to do with this?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Engine Driver

• View Profile
Re: PayPal question?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 01:57:25 PM »
I have had this and it should go straight back into your bank!
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »
I can see problems ahead , the seller has claimed its gone into a PayPal account even shown me the transaction but nothing gone into my bank account. Might pass on eBay in the future.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »
There's always a few days between Paypal and bank transfers.
Another thing to bear in mind, transfers from Paypal to your bank, under a certain limit, £25 I think, usually cost you a % transaction fee. This shouldn't happen in this case though. It's usually when someone pays you for something.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
If you used your own paypal account to buy the item, then it should be refunded back in to the account that you used when buying the item.
If this is the case, you can then go to your paypal account & "withdraw funds" to whichever bank account that is linked to it !

Jumbo1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
Have a look in your paypal home page for a section called "Pending" I imagine your money is here, below is PayPal's text on the subject

"To keep your money safer, we're placing your payments from sales to one side, in your pending balance. This is commonplace for new or inexperienced sellers, but can also affect experienced sellers. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days."

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum jumbo 1  :)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Jumbo1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 06:14:49 PM »
Thank you Cruser :)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 06:46:18 AM »
Hi from me too Jumbo  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk