Author Topic: Dentist's not taking on NHS patients  (Read 533 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Dentist's not taking on NHS patients
« on: August 01, 2023, 06:48:25 PM »
Last week I bit in to a alpen bar and it had fudge pieces in it. The pain went straight up in to one of my teeth but I didn't think anything of it. Later in the day a piece of the tooth broke off, it was horrible and it took me two days to eat anything. I had phoned the dentist and was told I was no longer registered and I had to either pay for a private appointment and it would cost £120 and that would include x rays on the teeth a check up and possibly they can repair the broken tooth within that half hour appointment or I could go on the nhs waiting list so I am 776 in the list and it could be two years away from being seen. Found one nhs dentist where I live about 13 miles away and they said they can do it for £25:80 but they said phone back in mid September. The UK has hit rock bottom as of ages ago. This country is so depressing and when you have a severe mental illness it makes me wonder that I would be better going upstairs early. I was watching Nicky Campbell the other week and people are pulling out their teeth themselves how they can do that in the first place is unbearable and what is it then going to cost them for the damage they have done. Can we not just push the Tories off the planet altogether.  Never again will I eat alpen bars again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 06:52:18 PM by Chesterfield 4ever »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Dentist's not taking on NHS patients
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 02:38:56 PM »
Oh dear. It pays to keep up dental appointments. I've been with the same Dentists since the late 1980's. I don't feel I get ripped off
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 08:13:16 AM »
Oh dear. It pays to keep up dental appointments. I've been with the same Dentists since the late 1980's. I don't feel I get ripped off

I have now got a nhs appointment and it's only £25:80. I did go regular to the dentist but during covid the dentist wasn't taking people unless it was an emergency so you couldn't get a check up even. Anyway dentist's shouldn't be declining people it shouldn't be able to happen. And as for private dentists they don't need to charge that much because if everyone did have to pay then they could drop prices so people could afford the price and they would still make money.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 11:06:20 AM »
We changed our dentist just a couple of months before Covid hit. We changed because we were being ripped off by our dentist, there's no other way to describe it.

My wife went for an extraction a couple of months ago, had we been with the old dentist it would have cost £70  our new dentist charged her £25 plus we are safe in the knowledge these do know what they're doing unlike the last lot.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 06:19:58 PM »
Been to the dentist then. They put something on the tooth as a covering for the sensitivity. Then they said that I could have a crown on it at a cost of £306:80 as a nhs patient  now charles didn't pay for his crown so why should I pay £306:80.😆 but I could hold a coronation. Might opt for it being pulled £70:70 is better than £306:80.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 12:23:26 PM »
The problem you might face is that Dentist won't always pull a tooth out these days if can be saved

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023, 08:29:05 PM »
The problem you might face is that Dentist won't always pull a tooth out these days if can be saved
They only want to put a crown on because it's £306:00 and I ain't paying a dentist that much for a crown.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 08:39:43 PM »
I used to go to saltergate health center back in the late 1970's up to1989 and was registered with the dentist there but then we moved from chesterfield to the north east of england. Then the dentist up in the north wanted People to pay £18:50 a month even if you were not needing an appointment with them and then covid arrived and you couldn't go. Now who pays a dentist £18:50 a month even when you didn't need to go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk