Author Topic: Our Queen  (Read 644 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Our Queen
« on: January 16, 2022, 10:42:55 AM »
Our Queen deserves better than the shite that has landed on her doorstep, both with her son and the Government.
I'm not getting into Andrews mess but will say all of us in our lives must choose who we mix with carefully the Royal Family needs to be extra cautious - he's landed himself in it good and proper now!
The Royal family meet many many people in their duties but what isn't to me usually done is putting ones arm around someone who don't know for a photograph to be taken -

As for Boris and his party disrespect isn't in it is it! Everyone who attended those boozy do's should be taken to account for their actions.

Moving swiftly on it's our Queens Platinum Jubilee and early last year I secured a booking for a speaker  to come and tell us ( Tupton History Society) of her life and reign, I'm told by the speaker there are things which even she did not know. This will be at the start of the long four day Bank Holiday the UK is to have.
I'm sure our village will have entertainment being organised as well.

Have any of your villages/towns started making plans yet - we need even more so to celebrate this She deserves better! 
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Our Queen
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 07:47:40 PM »
That's the trouble O.C. you can pick your friends...but you can't pick your family.

I am not a royalist and not really knowing the ins and outs concerning the Queens reign, I imagine at the end of the day it's a person doing a job... same as any other person doing a job, but out in the real world when you reach retirement age your ready to hang up your spurs and put your feet up {I did my 50 years and that was MORE than enough}
The only reason I can come up with as to why she's still hanging on is she doesn't want to give the "job" to the likes of Charles or even Andrew, if I had to pick one out of the bunch it would be Anne. When she was younger she was 4th in line to the throne, unfortunately due to the rules that have probably been around since Magna Carta others have overtook her and they in turn have had sprogs so she's now 16th in line.

The Royal family need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 19th Century let alone the 21st.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk