Author Topic: Goldwell Manor Care Home  (Read 1206 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Goldwell Manor Care Home
« on: January 22, 2022, 01:21:16 PM »
The above is being built on the former site of the old Goldwell Rooms (Ashgate Road opp junction of Brockwell Lane).

Either side of Ashgate Road are grass verges and (I assume to be) the contractors are parking on these, unfortunately owing to the rain we've had, it's now resembling a newly ploughed field - along with mud being plastered over the pavements, causing it to become quite slippy.

I understand that car parking spaces are at a premium, but surely they shouldn't be allowed to cause such damage to the grass verges?

Hold on though, I may be a bit previous with my rant. Perhaps the contractors will make good any damage caused once they finished the building work? Back in the real world, the phrase 'not a chance' springs to mind!

Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Goldwell Manor Care Home
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 08:10:13 PM »
This is a common occurrence with builders especially with road maintenance gangs, they obviously have a different set of rules to the rest of us. I realise of course you can't expect contractors with heavy machinery etc to park "sensibly" possibly some distance from the site that have to keep toing and froing from their vehicles, but they have this mindset of "We're working here so tough, you'll just have to make the most of it", as for clearing up the mess when finished they usually only do the bare minimal.

I do sympathise a little with them, when I was in the delivery game not everyone lived on a quiet cul-de-sac. I've lost count of the double yellows I've parked on, parked "awkwardly" for a couple of minutes {but never dangerously} parked slightly on the pavement in narrow streets, but then I wasn't planning on being there ALL day.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 10:02:46 AM »
Not just builders and contractors, but often lazy parents who cannot be bothered to park sensibly...a piece of verge by Unstone Junior school has been trashed....

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 11:53:39 PM »
I remember the goldwell rooms
I used to go to manor school shame that was closed and pulled down but these things happen. Those were the days for me being in chesterfield but not liking the school part of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk