Author Topic: Priti Patel  (Read 1586 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Priti Patel
« on: August 10, 2019, 08:29:05 PM »
For the FIRST time in over 50 years of listening to M.P.'s ramble on and make hollow promises, finally an M.P that's on the same page as most law abiding citizens.
Home secretary Priti Patel's moves to update the prison system and In her own words, "Wants villains to feel terror" is already being slated.
I sincerely hope she means it {and sticks to her guns} and is just not saying what she thinks people want to hear, tougher sentencing, less get out of jail free cards and police better equipped and better powers of arrest.
If you go to prison it's up to you to do your time and be a better person for that, if your an habitual criminal then be prepared to spend a long time in jail.

If she does stick to her guns, and improve things, she will be the first home secretary to "grow a pair" in comparison to her predecessors.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Priti Patel
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 11:45:36 PM »
Sadly, I fear it won't happen  :-? >:( :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:57:12 AM »
I'm not too sure of the phrase 'wants villains to feel fear'
However I am not a believer of just sending someone to prison without any rehabilitation and then after years of being in there sending them out to get on with there lives with little support.

I have personal experience of a person being let out of prison with no money and just a probation officer.
The money they should have got didn't go into their account.
They were given a letter for the Food Bank -
The food banks open  were not in the area the person was going to be staying and the times of opening meant they couldn't get to them that day on a bus  which meant they had no food.
I actually took them to a food bank more local where they were given a warm drink and some food to take away.

TBH with some it is a cultural life and they would maybe never keep their noses clean so to speak.
Many have mental health problems and as we all know the support for this is not good and so the cycle goes on.

We need to look at what's going on in the prisons - drugs are easily taken in, again I have been told how they get them in but if I know why don't the prison's know and stop it -

Once out ( if they are safe enough to be let out) they need a lot more support than they currently get or many of them will most certainly end up back inside.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 12:10:57 PM »
Sadly, I fear it won't happen  :-? >:( :(

Sadly Fly I believe your right. It turns out they are just making the right noises as there's a possibility there may be a general election in the offing, if true SHAME! SHAME!

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 01:32:09 AM »
maybe she could start by arresting Boris if he disobeys the law.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
For the FIRST time in over 50 years of listening to M.P.'s ramble on and make hollow promises, finally an M.P that's on the same page as most law abiding citizens.
Home secretary Priti Patel's moves to update the prison system and In her own words, "Wants villains to feel terror" is already being slated.
I sincerely hope she means it {and sticks to her guns} and is just not saying what she thinks people want to hear, tougher sentencing, less get out of jail free cards and police better equipped and better powers of arrest.
If you go to prison it's up to you to do your time and be a better person for that, if your an habitual criminal then be prepared to spend a long time in jail.

If she does stick to her guns, and improve things, she will be the first home secretary to "grow a pair" in comparison to her predecessors.

Obviously since posting this things have moved on apace for everyone and non more so than in P.P.'s case.
She has been pulled over the coals for being a "bully" and talking down to staff in general and in certain cases she has apologised unreservedly, but you have to ask yourself, as I am {considering there's always two sides to every story} is she everything people say about her being a tyrannical bully, or is she one that doesn't suffer fools gladly, wants to re organise by getting rid of the dead wood so they are trying to out her?
Has she found herself surrounded by sycophantic toadies that don't pull their weight and she won't tolerate slackers and so they've basically ganged up on her.

Lets face it Government departments are full of people who went to the "right" school, are very pally with higher ups and could ar*elick for England......I suppose once again we will never fully know!

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »
Update from yesterday's Times:  some civil servants are taking Boris to court for ignoring the report on PP's behaviour.  The author of the report has already resigned over it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk