Author Topic: Hong Kong  (Read 710 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Hong Kong
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:16:58 PM »
So it would appear the flood gates are opening for residents of Hong Kong to flee China's  "oppression", there is talk of over a quarter of a million could be in Britain within the next 5 years, and they have been drifting in since January, so much for Covid rules.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be helped out, but at what cost. This government {and local councils} can't properly look after the citizens it's already got, more people coming in means the resources that are already stretched will be under further pressure. The one saving grace is I am under the impression that Hong Kong residents are not dirt poor {in fact quite the opposite in most cases} so lets hope the vast majority that do come in will at least be able to stand on their own two feet financially till they establish themselves here or abroad.

Lets hope that some have the good sense to head for Australia, a country that size with a population of just over 26 million, at least Australia has more stringent rules for entry than we obviously do.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk