Author Topic: James Martin  (Read 181 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
James Martin
« on: February 03, 2024, 12:06:20 PM »
James Martin has been in the news recently not just about his cancer scares but it appears he has been taking his frustrations out on the crew that film his touring shows and his Saturday morning kitchen show.
It would appear that on the Sat morn shows at one point his house became flooded, apparently this was the fault of the crew, and he "lost his rag". This is what comes of turning your home into a virtual film set, Anthony Worrall Thompson did the same thing when he did the show as apparently you get more money if you use your own house, therefore {because of greed} there is a certain amount of risk involved.

I used to look forward to J.M. cookery shows but I've gone off him as his "recipes" seem to cater for the more affluent in our community and I have it on good authority by someone who met him he's a bit of a miserable sod.
Obviously a real fine dining cook {I call them all cooks as you don't chef food you cook it}

Give me Jamie Oliver every time, plain simple recipes plain simple food, no faffing about............   
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: James Martin
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 09:54:18 AM »
If I have to watch a cookery programme, then it is Rick Stein, who goes to some great places to cook, and he isn't one of those over-enthusiastic wannabe gobby celebs...

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: James Martin
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:51:47 PM »
If I have to watch a cookery programme, then it is Rick Stein, who goes to some great places to cook, and he isn't one of those over-enthusiastic wannabe gobby celebs...

Yes Rick Stein has come along way since his debut on one of Keith Floyds cookery shows, unfortunately he's not one of my favourites and as it turns out he is not very well liked amongst the people living in Padstow either {or as it's referred to now Padstein}. I remember visiting Cornwall in the mid 80's with friends and the four of us had booked and visited R.S. restaurant in Padstow, along with a couple of drinks each the bill came to just shy of £160 and that was almost 40years ago so what's he charging now? I have also found out he now has competition in Padstow, another "chef" has set up camp and opened up a restaurant there and he's just as expensive.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk