Author Topic: Netflix  (Read 501 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Netflix
« on: October 19, 2023, 08:25:44 PM »
We have been watching Netflix for about a year now, until about 12 weeks ago!
We piggybacked on the back of my daughters contract so got it free till Netflix sussed out what was happening and blocked us and as it turns out we were not alone, they obviously found out this "loophole" was costing them money.

According to the news today since Netflix started closing this loophole they have signed up over 8 million "new" customers and if that wasn't enough to satisfy them they are putting their monthly premiums up by at least £2 obviously to teach us all a lesson.

Thankfully it won't bother me........ what I never had I'll never miss.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Netflix
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 05:03:44 PM »
Just as an afterthought I've been having a spot of bother recently with the my5 channel.

I get onto the channel and select a programme to watch, then about every ten minutes or so the programme cuts out and the my5 logo appears and then the screen goes blank, I have to then repress to get it back plus every time I do I have to sit through numerous ads.

Anyone any thoughts on what's occurring..........is it them or is it me.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 06:38:18 PM »
Just as an afterthought I've been having a spot of bother recently with the my5 channel.

I get onto the channel and select a programme to watch, then about every ten minutes or so the programme cuts out and the my5 logo appears and then the screen goes blank, I have to then repress to get it back plus every time I do I have to sit through numerous ads.

Anyone any thoughts on what's occurring..........is it them or is it me.

I can't answer your question - sorry but can say we are also having issues with our TV/ connection to the box. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes we switch on and there's no sound so we have to switch the power off and on to get sound. Never had these issues before.
I've never had Netflix but have put ITVX into my phone
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 12:57:28 AM »
I think lots of current streaming and internet services are being disrupted due to the switching over to the new fibre system.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 08:39:38 PM »
We had the same problem a couple of years ago with our Humax box O.C. It would always come on first with no sound so had to pull the mains plug from the wall wait half a minute and plug it back in and the sound would be there. Contacted Humax about it who sent me an Email with a download on that I put on a usb stick, then placed the stick into the Humax {to upgrade} and it's been alright since.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk