Author Topic: planes in the sky  (Read 1139 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
planes in the sky
« on: May 02, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
Don't know if your aware of this, I only found out about it a week ago.

Heard someone on the radio ring in after a caller said she was fascinated  by the planes going overhead and wandered where they were from and going to.

He said type in  Flightradar24  and click on the individual planes for their  flight plan......very interesting.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: planes in the sky
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »
Who's a clever boy then!  (y)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »
I'm cleverererer (y)
This one shows more air force, freight,  private planes, and I think, the BBM spitfire flights etc. Less passenger stuff.

https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
Well, come on. I am a Radio Ham licence holder  8)    73 M6YIF   ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 03:23:16 PM »
I've been using FlightRadar for years and have the app on my iPhone...great for looking planes up, with the app you can even put it into Augmented Reality mode where you hold it up to the sky and it puts a label against the plane in the sky making it even easier to identify. Its quite weird realising where a plane is going to and from more or less over Chesterfield....not as many currently obviously but spotted one going from Tel Aviv to Montreal earlier this week in fact there are always quite a few heading to or from North America.

I've also used it to track family and friends when i know what flights they are on, mate once messaged me whilst on his flight to Perth using the wifi on the plane so i sent him a screenshot back showing i knew where he was!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk