Author Topic: Derbyshires Police Commissioner raises tax 2%  (Read 1575 times)

chesterfieldchris

Derbyshires Police Commissioner raises tax 2%
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

therealjr

• View Profile
Re: Derbyshires Police Commissioner raises tax 2%
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
Depends on what Mr Charles intends to spend his 1.96% on.
If he spends it putting an extra few police officers on the beat then I for one won't begrudge paying it (1.93% on the police precept isn't going to amount to a lot anyway £3.21 a year on a band D property)
If he intends spending it on re-decorating his office at headquarters (Alf Parrish anyone?) then he can forget it..

Equally if the Leicestershire comissioner can only keep the same number of officer by cutting down on say the amount of time they are actually out on the streets because they are too busy sat in the office deciding how they can make cuts in overheads and other spending then that would be pointless.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
I don't think the vote for your PC guy was a good idea.
Again, those that did vote followed the Sheep.

I didn't.  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »
I wouldn't say there were a lot of assumptions, what there was, clearly was a lack of information on what Derbyshire intends spending the increase on and where Leicestershire intends making cuts.
As you say the situation has clearly been politicised in an arena frankly where it shouldn't be.
But when the activists like Slacker were out there saying 'our' candidate needed to win it was clear that political point scoring regarding the results and control was far more important than actual service to the public.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:25 PM »
Increase or cuts? I want to see things like maintaining the presence of a police office in Hasland (and similar others that were closed or threatened with closure). Don't want PCSOs to spend half their shift having to walk to their patrol area (the don't get the luxury of a car.

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »

Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 06:08:37 AM »
I totally disagreed with having political candidates.  Already we see a labour candidate increasing taxes, a Tory guy saying they can do without increasing.  I'm having a pop at the labour guy for doing what labour do, and others are saying the Tory is obviously going to cut police time to get in on budget....

Whatever the truth of either situation, its brought politics and more worryingly the ability for a politically motivated person to play party politics using our front line police to do it, which is just wrong.

Good Post. entirely Agree with this Comment, I Have even thought along these lines
regarding Local Councils. Remember Thatcher giving Con Councils bigger Grants.!?.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk