Author Topic: @Julia Cambridge. The question's thread.  (Read 4488 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
@Julia Cambridge. The question's thread.
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
Hopefully Julia will finally be here to answer any questions that members may have for her.
I'll start the ball rolling with an obvious one.

Hi Julia, do you think Nick Clegg can get the student fraternity back on his side after his past actions
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Julia Cambridge

• PPC for Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: @Julia Cambridge. The question's thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
In reply to Fly I am sure Nick Clegg doesn't need my advice as he has robustly answered his critics on the student fees issue. In general though I am encouraged that the number of people applying for university places has gone up. Once you graduate and get a good job you pay off the loan bit by bit over a long period of time. Lib Dems fought for this time to be longer and for the threshold of earnings to start paying back the loan to be higher. Both of these happened and are helping students.
We all understand that not only some would be students in 2010 but parents and grandparents were worried about whether they would be unable to have the choice to go to university. Things have evened out since then and I hope the 'trust' will come back when young people see that we are doing some really progressive things in government to help them.
Twitter @juliacambridge1
email me on julia4chesterfield@yahoo.co.uk

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »
So the party is still unclear then, time will tell if the 'trust' comes back. Cheers Julia  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »
Hi Julia. why do you block your political opponents from twitter? It makes it appear you have something to hide

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:40:45 PM »
I did a quiz for about half an hour the other day and had to chose from various policies that I believed in. The result was that LibDems had the most agreeable policies from my point of view, by a massive margin.

It would be nice of you to call in once or twice a month and answer questions, but you seem to be on the missing list.

Just saying...
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »
I've just been made aware of this 'latest' news story that has references to Julia in it.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/12/former-mp-paul-holmes-reprimanded-allegedly-bullying-candidate

Care to share any news Julia. Or shall I just unstick this post and watch it slip away through lack of participation ?

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:41 PM »
Seems a bit strange? She's complained, he has been found guilty and the local constituency party has also been suspended (though from what is unclear). So who is going to be running/helping with her campaign? Strikes me that the excuses are being piled up for her failure so that she can do a runner and stand somewhere else next time.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 04:42:43 PM »
Yep nicheuk, I think you're right, she won't post here again. She comes over a bit too timid to fight for us in Westminster - especially after her complaints about bulling in the LibDems. Mind you, in all fairness, Paul Whatshisface does have a bad reputation.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »
Given the local party have been suspended as part of the same bullying allegation, I assume she's too busy trying to put a team together

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
I didn't know that Jon. You say the whole Chesterfield LibDems are suspended?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »
By shear coincidence, I've had correspondence with Julia tonight on Facebook.
She suggested the possibility of a specific time and date for a QandA, or correspondence via me directly.
I told her via me is probably best  ::)

I'll unstick this post. I fear it's going to go nowhere  :-X

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 06:28:35 AM »
Somebody on Chesterfield Opinions (Facebook) started a thread about the LibDem newspaper Chesterfield new that JC joined in but the thread got suddenly pulled, so I started another thread about the original one disappearing

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »

I didn't know that Jon. You say the whole Chesterfield LibDems are suspended?
Slacker? You still got the link?

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
There are a few but most seem to quote this chap:
http://www.markpack.org.uk/129733/lib-dems-suspend-chesterfield-local-party-over-bullying-claims/

Not sure who's in the Holmes camp and who's with Cambridge

quaker1204

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 12:53:34 PM »
With the LibDems ending up in the General Election as almost ‘also ran’s’ and a minus 24% plummet in their share of the local vote, it is clear that the LibDems are a spent force in Chesterfield as in the majority of the country.

With this in mind, who should people now be getting behind to ensure that come the next election the result is not a foregone conclusion?

This also needs to happen now to ensure that our current MP is kept on his toes to deliver over the next term?

This is a question for Julia as she seems to have single handedly created this rather potentially worrying situation.

:-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk