Author Topic: Devolution - Chesterfield Sheffield  (Read 3876 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
Re: Devolution - Chesterfield Sheffield
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 08:49:47 AM »
As you know I work at Sheffield ,the council and the bus companies undertook a massive cut and burn on bus routes though out the city. The result was devastating for users on the first day of change the whole network basically went to pot as passengers were not told of the route changes or times many found they could not get to work I myself had fun and games getting to work just making it on time. For what IV been told by my work mates some of who use the bus to get to work some parts of the city don't have a bus route anymore and some have to walk a fair way to get a bus A few smaller companies who ran out to the more remote areas of the city went out of business overnight  then unbelievable their was a second shake up by the bus companies themselves the city transport this time virtually stopped the local press had a field day as angery passengers couldn't get to work and Meadowhall lost some trade though it. In a way this is a glimpse into the future for Chesterfield a cut to the bone service and job losses.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Devolution - Chesterfield Sheffield
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 05:45:44 PM »
Do you think it may impact on jobs in Stage Coach scimitar?
Hard to say - we are still recruiting & training drivers at the moment.
Staff who retire may need not to be replaced IF services are cut in future..... it's all a big "If" at the moment.
I'm sure bus services will be impacted in some way - most likely early morning or late night runs which virtually carry no-one, but I'm sure Stagecoach would adapt and minimise any losses accordingly.
I know we respond to customer comments as well - so we'll have to wait & see I suppose.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk