Author Topic: British Muslim Child Brides  (Read 6684 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: British Muslim Child Brides
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »
Wish I could play the system. Guess it's work in the morning  :)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
You know Fly thats the interesting thing, when I was out of wotk 5 years ago I was told the money would stop after 8 weeks. Thats despite the fact that I had paid in for 25+ years. Yet some people seem to have ridden the gravy train for years.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »
There is also a 'darker' side which some of the african cultures are bringing into this country.
I read a book whilst on hols - The Boy in the River, it was based on a true story and opened my eyes. Strange thing was another of the books I had taken (can't remember the title and have lent them both out) ran a similar factual story.
They were both about the abuse of children who were said to have the 'devil' in them.
Children have been known to be sacrificed in worship - in this country.
Not so long ago there was a small article in our daily newspaper about a child's body which had been found and was thought to have been used in a sacrifice. :(
It seems it is happening and on the increase.
Terrible stuff  :(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

k4blades

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Also from Africa is female circumcision, a nasty business indeed. But in our rush towards multi-cultarism we seem to have forgotten that not all cultures are as "civilised" as our own.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »
You know Fly thats the interesting thing, when I was out of wotk 5 years ago I was told the money would stop after 8 weeks. Thats despite the fact that I had paid in for 25+ years. Yet some people seem to have ridden the gravy train for years.
Similarly I was out of work due to a nasty back problem years ago. You go to the job centre and fill in the reams of paperwork honestly and the best you can. This gets you job seekers allowance, or disability living allowance - not much difference between the two initially, if I remember rightly.
To get more you have to lie through your teeth about your physical capabilities, and then act it out in front of their medical examiner.
Needless to say, I didn't get much from them.
Yet I know folks who have never worked, and never will, and if I'm honest, they are probably as fit , or fitter than me.
I'm sure I remember looking on the internet at the time, and there was a woman in Inkersall who would go through the paperwork with you for a fee, and get you what you wanted- in other words an expert at playing the system.
She might still be around for all I know...I'm not suggesting that this is the way forward, but many have obviously found similar help that way, and wrongly I suppose.
You do feel let down, as JR rightly says, that when you have paid in to the system for 25 years or more, and you have a life changing event, you are going to get f**k all back (bit like a pension really), which is wrong, and you are treated like dirt.
Rant over .....for now ;)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
Back on topic...

I just read that a Channel 4 series about Islam has been pulled after death threats against the historian who fronted the program...
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »
A Uk production Pete?
If thats the case its despicable.
The people who made the "threats" should be thoroughly investigated, and deported if necessary.Its tantamount to terrorism.
If we can't watch TV programmes on our major channels because of the fear of insulting/upsetting immigrants (minor population), then something is radically wrong with our society.
What happened to free speech in a country which is probably one of the most tolerant in the world?? >:(

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
Think it all fell out of the window with Salman Rushdie. The satanic rights !!
And no, I didn't have to google his name !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »
Was it Salmon Rushby then?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk