Author Topic: BT Called  (Read 1841 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
BT Called
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »
Just had another 'marketing' call from BT - telling me that I 'qualify' to upgrade to BT Infinity, when I ask if this is a free upgrade they reply stating that it depends how much I pay per month - surely, as they are calling me they should already have this information? When I tell them my monthly cost they always say that it will cost me extra to upgrade.

At this point I always decline their very kind (?) offer and ask them not to call me again until they can offer me a free upgrade! They then leave me alone for another month or so and then call me again!

My arguments are -

1.  I didn't ask them to upgrade their 'lines/cables' to fibre optic

2. If there is an 'empty' fibre optic cable running around with my name on it, why not just transfer me over (for nowt!)?

3. Surely (stop calling me Shirley) with the cost of all the calls they make to me (and other customers) it would be cheaper to put me/them on it as a matter of course?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

k4blades

Re: BT Called
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
If you threaten to close your account and go to a different supplier, they will upgrade you free.

handy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
Like K4blades says we got a discount and a new free router,which is ok if you dont mind being tied up for 18 months with a new contract.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »
.................except I'm tied into a contract with them for several months yet  :(
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »
They wont take no for an answer

I was with BT for Broadband for about 2 years then changed to Orange.  For the next 6 months, BT called almost weekly asking if id like to go back and everytime we went through the same conversation.

Do you provide up to 8mb speed like Orange?
Do you provide unlimited usage like Orange?
Can you match the price im paying now with Orange - £18 a month

No, the best we can do is up to 2mb, 6gb usage for £34 a month.

No brainer really
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk