Author Topic: Mucky Duck coming back!  (Read 2356 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Mucky Duck coming back!
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:36:25 PM »
Went along Lordsmill St this afternoon and there's a notice on the wall of the 'Simply Chinese' building saying that 'The White Swan' will be re-opening soon.

Seems a strange time to be doing this when others are struggling to make ends meet. Unless they intend offering something that other pubs do?

Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

therealjr

• View Profile
Re: Mucky Duck coming back!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
Rumour has it according to my 'Camra' cpntacts at work that its the same people who own the Arkwright Arms and it will be offering Real Ales. Would have thought that sort of clientele and the location would work though the Rutland seems to do ok.

Incidently I'm not in Camra.
I'm in the Campaign for Real Sex
CamShaft!!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 08:37:42 PM »
Rumour has it according to my 'Camra' cpntacts at work that its the same people who own the Arkwright Arms and it will be offering Real Ales. Would have thought that sort of clientele and the location would work though the Rutland seems to do ok.

Incidently I'm not in Camra.
I'm in the Campaign for Real Sex
CamShaft!!!

Hmmmm, not heard of CamShaft...........sounds intriguing ;-D   Note to self - research required, pronto!

Anyway, I digress.  Yes you're right about the folks from The Arkwright taking over the pub.  John and Kathy Chadwick to be precise (The Arkers is where I used to work during my bar-person days). 

I don't know any further details, but if I get to know something I'll post it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:41:12 PM by Gerty Gumdrop »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »
I hope this wasn't stolen from a post on another website forum.
Not that I care if it was  8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk