Author Topic: Ambulance  (Read 1068 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Ambulance
« on: June 19, 2020, 11:11:18 AM »
The new series on the B.B.C. for the first time I just caught the last 20 minutes or so last night.
Following ambulances on call throughout Liverpool and the people and problems they encounter. It's the same old same old, but the bit that stuck in my throat was last nights episode contained a Grand National weekend at Aintree.

These ambulance crews {like so many nationwide} are stretched to the limit most days. People ringing in and having to wait for ambulances to become free, well over an hour is not uncommon, then at Aintree over the weekend, I counted at least 5 ambulances, at the track following the races as they occurred, each ambulance also carried a doctor round for each race picking up the jockey's as they fell of and "treating" them in the backs of the ambulances some with life threatening injuries such as a twisted ankle or a sprained wrist.
It beggars belief that all that manpower and vehicles are rooted to one spot whilst the other crews have to fill in the missing blanks it's bl**dy ridiculous.
O.K. maybe Aintree has PAID for the ambulances services but that doesn't make it right, the racing fraternity is rich enough to bring in their own medical staff without depriving the rest of Liverpool of much needed crews.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Ambulance
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 07:53:31 AM »
I totally agree with you Sorastro.
Our Ambulance crews are not always used as they should be - I am just hoping that after all the Covid problems the Government take note of our NHS and all services. Give them a complete overhaul and increase monies so we can KEEP them 
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk