Author Topic: Boris shows his true colours  (Read 4685 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Boris shows his true colours
« on: September 26, 2019, 05:24:25 PM »
We have all seen the rise of Boris, he put himself forward as this rather scatter brained avuncular unkle type and a jovial regular bloke, oh how the mask has slipped, i note from some of the posts on this forum that we people are not so easily fooled by his act, however it is clear that a lot of the population have bought the lie, i sincerely hope that his behaviour in Parliament yesterday may cause some of his admirers now take the time to take a closer look and realise the mask hides a shameless, vile, self entitled, arrogant and nasty piece of work whose sole intent is to stir up public dissension to further his own ends.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Boris shows his true colours
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 06:00:31 PM »
You don't like him do you  ;D :D :))
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
Having just seen his interview with Look North's James Vincent, he was totally full of bluster..

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
You don't like him do you  ;D :D :))
i must admit i do not care for many members of the tory party not because of their personality but more about what they represent, however i also admit that when i see or hear this self entitled posh boy attempting to pass himself off as one of the boys with his false over exagerated bonhomie that does grate somewhat and even more annoying is that people are buying this crap.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 09:26:30 AM »
This was mentioned in last nights question time [B.B.C.]

Everyone is of course sick to the back teeth of M.P's wasting time and not getting brexit any further forward, but as was pointed out last night Parliament was reconvened to presumably resume "work" and for three hours all they could do was spit venom at one another, absolutely nothing was achieved. All it proved {once again} was what a total waste of space this government is and has been.

The brexit result in 2016 left people feeling bitter, the leavers frustrated because they are STILL waiting to leave after over 3 years, the remainers frustrated because, I'm assuming, they simply won't accept the result, it's an impasse.

One solution which will undoubtedly cause uproar especially from the leave camp, but I feel it's maybe the only way to clear the air, is to have a best of three referendums.
We have already had one in 2016 and the leavers won 52%/48%
So the second referendum, if everyone votes the same way, should in principal deliver the "same" result 2 out of three WE LEAVE done deal.
If the second goes the other way 1 each so the third MUST be the decider.

This should stop any quibbling concerning "We weren't given the full/correct facts the first time" as this gives an opportunity to rectify that.
Also many of the younger generation who are NOW eligible to vote can have a say, because lets face it this is going to have a bigger impact on the young than the wrinklies, so I for one believe they deserve a vote. The ones that say you can't have another referendum till the first one has been implemented, why not? if you waited for this lot, as it stands now, to make it's mind up just how much longer will you have to wait. 
My solution is not perfect, but providing everyone sticks to the "rules" of the above it's better than what we have at the moment.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »
I myself am an unapologetic remainer but i accept that for the democratic process to mean anything at all we must leave, however i do have a caveat, during the referendum debate we were told we would take back control of our laws and our borders we would also get the get the best deal and it would be the easiest deal in history and that we would get 350m a week for the national health service, it was also stated there were no downsides like possible business closures, the pound plummeting, investors being scared off, business  moving abroad, shortages of food and medicines to name just a few, now the people who voted to leave quite rightly say it is up to Parliament to implement the result of the referendum, while i as a remainer think that it is also up to Parliament to attempt to implement the promises that the leave side made during the referendum campaign.

It seems to me the problems that the MPs and hence Parliament is having is that the two options are mutually incompatible, if during the referendum there had been honesty on both sides of the argument the result of the referendum the result may or may not have been different, it seems to me the only way out of this impasse is that now the people are much better informed about both the advantages and disadvantages the matter should be put back to the people without a campaign by politicians for or against this would prevent the people being fed more lies from either side, and the result should be made binding, this would seem to me that this is the only way to square this seemingly intractable circle.

I await with bated breath the howls of derision and the accusations of me being an anti democratic remoaner and traitor and as to the methods that should be employed to precipitate my immediate and painful demise.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 01:44:29 PM »
After his speech,or after any Prime ministers speech, any one can pick holes in them because lets face it a good 70% of any leaders speech is smoke and mirrors and unsubstantiated promises on spending.

After a rousing verbiage on the N.H.S. spending including completely re building the Victorian hospital in Manchester and the promise of 40 new hospitals in the next ten years, as usual the sums don't seem to be adding up.  By 2025 he will have basically built/renovated only six hospitals as his budget for this has already been earmarked £2.7bn {less than a third of that is actual "new" money} this will obviously take him half way through the ten years so if in the 5 years that follow he keeps his promise then at least 35 hospitals must be built, and even just working on today's costs that will run in excess of £14bn plus. This is not to mention the staffing levels within the N.H.S. running at a loss of approximately 200,000 that need to be recruited and trained to man these hospitals {and the ones we already have}.

Boris and the buses, he has already patted himself on the back for being an innovator of public transport especially when Mayor of London.
The "Boris bus" he ordered for London turned out to be more expensive than conventional buses, due to Boris's insistence on "extras" and
 seemingly not very popular with commuters, so when the new Mayor of London was installed one of his first tasks was to cancel the contract {half way through the order} leaving the factory were they were being made struggling even more than they were, to the point that they have apparently gone into administration.   

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 01:21:48 AM »
Of course Boris will have no problem building the hospitals in time, remember Labours magic money tree, well it turns out the Tories had it all along, its in  the Downing street garden planted there by Clegg and Cameron when nobody was looking.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »
So Boris has thrown his dummy out of the pram..............pathetic, these are the type of people the electorate trust to do what's right for the country, all I can say is god help us if an anarchist gets into power.

At the next "election" don't ask for a party to be elected, what we need to do is {like a football team} pick the front bench from the best of the best irrespective of party and give them the jobs in parliament they are qualified to do. Seventy percent of those in parliament at the moment I wouldn't pay in washers.........and throw Boris in jail {with Corbyn as his cellmate}

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
The people have now finally have a say in December, it's outcome will be very interesting as no party has a majority going into this election. On the one hand the vast majority of the country want the Tories out for obvious reasons {not just Boris}, the labour party want to get in but yet again the vast majority of labour voters don't want Corbyn as leader {I think that goes for some of his cabinet as well} so it will be interesting to see how many staunch Tory and Labour voters change tack and possibly put their X somewhere else.

As stated in my previous post quite a few are calling for a second referendum, simple just add an IN/OUT box on the voting papers, this I think will solve a lot of arguing.

Firstly... it will give a chance for all the young voters now eligible to vote to have a crack at both a new parliament AND a say in brexit as I have pointed out it's the young that will have to deal with the brexit fallout for decades to come.

Secondly... this means that EVERY political party must make crystal clear on the hustings what their position is on brexit but whatever the brexit result is they have a strategy and will immediately abide by that vote.

Thirdly... this means if you DON'T turn out to vote your voice on brexit won't be heard, in other words if you don't vote don't bleat about it if the result hasn't gone your way, this I'm sure would lead to a large turn out.

So whichever political party gets in the first job is to sort brexit.... and if they don't THROW THEM IN JAIL!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
The news has said doctors have pleaded with the political parties not to use the N.H.S. as a political football during the election campaign.

WHY???  they've done it for decades so why stop now, the Academy of medical royal colleges chairwoman said "Both major parties want to spend the time on the hustings talking about the N.H.S." I think she actually means LYING about the N.H.S.
If the Tories get back in you can bet the first thing they will do is do what they said they wouldn't, a deal with Trump to bring in American style systems into the N.H.S. This will undoubtedly mean a hike in drug prices as American hospitals/practitioners pay the drug companies an arm and a leg to obtain drugs over there so they won't sit back and watch "Little old England" buy the same drugs cheaper, Trump would have a riot on his hands and to be honest I wouldn't blame them one bit.

I have always wondered why our medicines are so expensive as it is, at the moment each prescription is £9, take for example inhalers, I take 2 inhalers, yet you can go abroad to most countries {Spain,Greece} and you can buy them over the counter {approx 2 euro each}
This is why some doctors try and get you to change medicines they don't want you on the "expensive" stuff, they usually palm you off with a cheaper alternative that is more than likely not really helping.
Someone I know had that problem, he was on the good {expensive} stuff for his ailment and was constantly asked by the doctor "Try these instead" but he stuck to his guns mainly because nothing else worked. One time when he went abroad he called in a chemist there only to find the self same pills he was taking could be bought over the counter, plus more pills in the packet and only 5 euro's a pack.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 01:05:22 AM »
Parties should not use the NHS as "a political weapon" in the election campaign, health service bosses say.
Quote from the BBC website ::)

Bet the bosses aren't tories then !
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 11:20:06 AM »
After his speech,or after any Prime ministers speech, any one can pick holes in them because lets face it a good 70% of any leaders speech is smoke and mirrors and unsubstantiated promises on spending.

After a rousing verbiage on the N.H.S. spending including completely re building the Victorian hospital in Manchester and the promise of 40 new hospitals in the next ten years, as usual the sums don't seem to be adding up.  By 2025 he will have basically built/renovated only six hospitals as his budget for this has already been earmarked £2.7bn {less than a third of that is actual "new" money} this will obviously take him half way through the ten years so if in the 5 years that follow he keeps his promise then at least 35 hospitals must be built, and even just working on today's costs that will run in excess of £14bn plus. This is not to mention the staffing levels within the N.H.S. running at a loss of approximately 200,000 that need to be recruited and trained to man these hospitals {and the ones we already have}.

It is alleged........
There seems to be rumours already about how the P.M. could circumvent promises made. Some so subtle they might slip by you.
Possibly in the case of the N.H.S. there are far too many promises made to be able to do nothing so in the words of Arkwright in open all hours they would have to "Ja Ja jiggle them a bit"
One possible "solution" would be in the event of a new build hospital would be to replace the old hospital with a smaller one { i.e. less beds less wards less facilities} this would mean obviously less staff needed so the promise of employing more medical staff to fully man hospitals would look as if it's going to plan when in fact they would be massaging the figures.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 01:33:48 PM »

It is alleged........
There seems to be rumours already about how the P.M. could circumvent promises made. Some so subtle they might slip by you.
Possibly in the case of the N.H.S. there are far too many promises made to be able to do nothing so in the words of Arkwright in open all hours they would have to "Ja Ja jiggle them a bit"
One possible "solution" would be in the event of a new build hospital would be to replace the old hospital with a smaller one { i.e. less beds less wards less facilities} this would mean obviously less staff needed so the promise of employing more medical staff to fully man hospitals would look as if it's going to plan when in fact they would be massaging the figures.
[/quote]

Allegedly....  Planning to switch daily interviews with the press to Downing Street from the Houses of Parliament. This will mean running the gauntlet of no. 10 so will probably only be the privilege of "favoured" hacks of the Tory friendly papers.  Most reporters won't get to question the P.M. on his progress {or lack of it} they might if they are lucky receive a short written statement handed out by the P.M.'s press office.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:10 PM »
Johnson's big ben bong bung, um bongo by jingo etc etc.....I can't get my breath!

Boris wants to spend tens of thousands {temporarily} re fitting Big Ben's clapper, and thereby holding up renovation, so it can ring out on the 31st of January obviously signalling our "exit" from brexit and he want's us to pay for it.

If it HAS to be done, and I don't think there is any need whatsoever, what's wrong with sticking a great big loudspeaker in the bell tower and playing recorded chimes {cost probably 5 grand tops }
THAT HE SHOULD PAY FOR.... You want it Boris you pay for it, end of!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk