Author Topic: Boris shows his true colours  (Read 4685 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Boris shows his true colours
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »
[quote author=Sorastro link=topic=7355.msg46845#msg46845 date=1570106669

After a rousing verbiage on the N.H.S. spending including completely re building the Victorian hospital in Manchester and the promise of 40 new hospitals in the next ten years,
[/quote]

"Chinese government to build 1000 bed hospital in ten days in Wuhan"
"In 2003 a Beijing hospital was built in a week after the SARS outbreak"

O.k. so it will mainly be of a prefabricated construction but a hospital is a hospital, my hats off to them, it wouldn't hurt for this government to take a leaf out of their book. The Chinese government is very far away from being perfect, I'm not saying it is, but in Wuhan's and Beijing's cases they didn't sit about discussing it for months and months it needed to be done so they're getting on with it.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 12:18:38 AM »
H + S for a guess
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 11:33:21 AM »
Update on the big bong fund....it's been scrapped and the monies raised going to charity.
Anybody who donated to that idea has obviously more money than sense.

Also the Wuhan hospital, apparently they have started on a second hospital there and they are hoping they will open within a couple of days of each other.

Sorry Fly....H+S ???... not with you on that.       

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 11:44:30 AM »
it wouldn't hurt for this government to take a leaf out of their book. The Chinese government is very far away from being perfect, I'm not saying it is, but in Wuhan's and Beijing's cases they didn't sit about discussing it for months and months it needed to be done so they're getting on with it.

Perhaps workers Health + Safety issues don't slow things down in China  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
aaah... with you now.

I totally agree, health and safety and the Chinese government are words that don't readily trip off the tongue.
Most Asian countries are the same though, I know that doesn't make it right but in this case {I'm assuming} bungalow style prefabs will be slotted together like Lego. Manpower has never been a problem in China.

Over 1300 medical staff will be drafted in to help in the new hospitals and the original {overwhelmed}hospital, most of these are military personnel.

Health and safety are at the forefront of building regs in this country, but that doesn't stop certain building firms sailing very close to the wind on certain things, they just do what's necessary to get things passed. Look how long it's taking to get the Grenfell cladding fiasco sorted, apparently half way through last year over 20,000 such buildings were STILL covered in the same/ similar cladding as Grenfell because righting this "mistake" is going to cost money.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 09:14:56 AM »
 20,000 new police officers in 2 years.

Now finally revealed.... to get 20,000 bobbies on the beat in 2 years the government would have to recruit at least 50,000 candidates if it's to reach it's target.
This is to cover those already in the police that, during that time period, are going to retire, those on long term sick and those who are so fed up they are going to jack it in.
Plus the recruits who will not be considered as they are unsuitable and those that, during training, don't make the grade.

Doesn't sound that easy now!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 08:31:58 PM »
It appears Boris has been playing "Where's Wally" virtually since the election just before Xmas.

Now his self imposed secondment to his freebie country retreat has not gone down well with his supporters, especially those in flood areas.
It shouldn't take too long for the electorate to figure out they dropped a clanger voting him in, he's a bone idle rich wastrel who wants the pomp and frills that go with the job but doesn't want to put in the work{and I use the term loosely}
Obviously in any "business" the boss should be able to designate work to his underlings and leave them to get on with it, but unfortunately in British politics having the right credentials for a particular position doesn't seem to be a priority so there has to be a steady hand on the tiller at all times.

Having said that he really has no real role in running no.10 anyway, everyone knows the real P.M. is Dominic Cummings.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 11:57:59 AM »
Apparently the now struggling M.P.'s are to be thrown [another] lifeline.
It would appear they are to receive an extra £10,000 to cover office costs, such as providing laptops and the like for their personnel who are working from home.
This is on top of the £26,000 p/year they already receive to "cover office costs". I would have thought that people working for M.P.'s would already have this kit.

Anyway spare a thought for those in the house of Lords, or not in now. How are they surviving not receiving their £300 per day attendance allowance.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 12:14:57 PM »
"Boris photographed doing press ups to show everyone how fit he is after his Covid trauma"

Only a photo mind! not a video........

More like "Boris photographed going ar*e over t*t because he's a clumsy overweight hair brain".

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »

Anyway spare a thought for those in the house of Lords, or not in now. How are they surviving not receiving their £300 per day attendance allowance.

It is alleged:-
The peers in the House of Lords {or not in it at the moment} are on meagre rations of £160 per day "attendance" allowance, and how are they managing to receive it even though the vast majority are "working" from home. This entails checking their messages throughout the day as to the happenings of those peers IN the Lords, that bothered to turn up at work, and it's usually to ask them to vote on something they maybe have no idea about or are not interested in and provided they vote at least once a day on anything and/or even speak on line for a couple of minutes they get the dosh.
This means at the moment every Peer that's still breathing is breaking off from their busy daily lives to spend 10 seconds voting.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2023, 07:02:37 PM »

It is alleged........
There seems to be rumours already about how the P.M. could circumvent promises made. Some so subtle they might slip by you.
Possibly in the case of the N.H.S. there are far too many promises made to be able to do nothing so in the words of Arkwright in open all hours they would have to "Ja Ja jiggle them a bit"
One possible "solution" would be in the event of a new build hospital would be to replace the old hospital with a smaller one { i.e. less beds less wards less facilities} this would mean obviously less staff needed so the promise of employing more medical staff to fully man hospitals would look as if it's going to plan when in fact they would be massaging the figures.

Did anyone catch the news today?.......

It appears the ten year hospital build promise is almost lying in ruins, by 2030 they will be nowhere near the target set by bonking Boris.
Those hospitals that ARE being built are turning out to be smaller than the ones they are replacing {who'd a thought it!!}
Two of the new hospitals reaching completion were in the process of being built BEFORE Boris mentioned the hospital building scheme yet they are counting them as 2 of the 40 {being built} to help bolster the figures.
There are also rumours {allegedly} of corner cutting on some constructions!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2023, 10:44:02 AM »
I'm told Chesterfield's Calow Hospital's extension is up and running. Not seen it myself as yet
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk