Author Topic: Talk Talk  (Read 1127 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Talk Talk
« on: October 24, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
The email below was sent to me by Action Fraud.
It states that hackers could have accessed bank account details - on the news at 5.00pm today they said Talk Talk claimed that access to banking details were not got into to

Have they or haven't they?

We took a reading from our account today in town and up to now it's OK

Cyber Attack
Talk Talk, the phone and broadband provider, has been the victim of a cyber attack on their website commonly referred to as DDoS – distributed denial of service attack. This has led to hackers accessing Talk Talks servers and stealing personal data, which could affect over four million customers. It is currently unknown exactly what data has been stolen but Talk Talk has stated that there is a chance that some of the following data could have been accessed:
Name and addresses
Dates of birth
Email addresses
Telephone numbers
Talk Talk account information
Credit card and banking details

Protect yourself
Be wary of any emails claiming to be from Talk Talk asking for additional information such as passwords even if they are able to tell you specific account details – this could be a phishing email and sent to gain access to your account.
If you have opened an email attachment please ensure you change the passwords for all your bank, email and online shopping accounts.
As well as e-mails be wary of any telephone calls claiming to be from Talk Talk that ask for additional information or want to gain remote access to your computer. Again they may tell you specific details about your account. If you get such a call do not give any details, terminate the call, use a separate telephone line/mobile phone and call Talk Talk back on one of their known numbers to ascertain if the call is genuine.
Monitor your bank accounts for any unusual activity that you believe may be fraudulent.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: Talk Talk
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »
I am with Talktalk and personally I think they  leave a lot to be desired.The only reason I am with them is that I negotiated an excellent deal with them for what I use the computer for.
With regard to passwords I always thought(probably naively)that they never had all the digits of your password but on Ceefax it was saying that some accounts had been accessed.I thought the only way they could be obtained was by being conned either by phone or e-mail.
Does anybody actually know?

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: Talk Talk
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »
There is an update on talk talk website now which if it is correct the damage is not half as bad as it was feared.I cannot see them making  a statement like that if it is not true especially as it is a criminal investigation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk