Author Topic: Payment by SMS  (Read 1331 times)

Slacker

• View Profile
Payment by SMS
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
One of our phones has to be topped up by £10 to keep internet access.

Got quite a bit of credit which we would like to make use of without wasting.

Have used DaoPay in the past to make music purchase by SMS and therefore charged to the mobile account credit. Also seen JunglePay advertised that seems to work in a similar way.

Problem is can't find anywhere that takes these payments.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Payment by SMS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:15:00 AM »
Interesting one this Andy.
Here's a screen shot of my phone from about 2-3 years back. My current balance is about £59.

Every month I buy £10 worth of O2 credit, they give me free text's, internet and calls for this.
I'm tight and hardly use my phone outside of my freebie limits. Hence the large balances.
I usually blow this credit whilst abroad. Use my phone like normal basically whilst on holiday. Calls to family, internet, etc.

Now:
I could also buy music, enter competitions etc, with this money from my phone.
Money I've already spent ??

This is starting to sound like a good idea. If me and our_lass stay within our limits each month,
we could top each other's phones up, thus never spend any money on topups ever again  :-*
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
Re: Payment by SMS
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »
JunglePay's website seems to be aiming at people to accept SMS payment but doesn't tell you where you can use SMS payment. Gomusicnow.com used to accept DaoPay but they are card only now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk