Author Topic: The green green grass of home  (Read 285 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
The green green grass of home
« on: December 30, 2023, 12:57:32 PM »
Read in this weeks D.T. Chesterfield Borough Council are considering putting forward a proposal to charge an annual fee to people for their green bin collections {garden waste}.

Whether this will spill over to include N.E.D.D.C. or not {of which I am a tenant} remains to be seen but, if it does, I and others like me shouldn't have to pay mainly because the bin collections are already calculated in the yearly Council tax and I shouldn't have to pay twice.

This could cause a few problems, basically if I HAVE to pay I { and others} will just stop using the service which means I will stop tending my garden by not mowing the grass or cutting back the hedges, this in turn will lead to the Council getting on to me for not looking after the property as per tenancy agreement, so the only alternative, apart from fly tipping, is to sneak the garden waste into the black bin.   
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: The green green grass of home
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 06:41:51 PM »
I would not like to pay extra for the green bin...and if this turns out to be the case for NEEDC, I will simply put dead leaves etc in the black bin, or 'accidentally' spill them as I carry a bagfull along the road!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk