Author Topic: mumblings  (Read 2528 times)

emmz

• View Profile
mumblings
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:13 PM »
Going to have a tad of a moan here and before i go ahead its not a dig at anyone on here.

As you know i claim benefits, child tax and housing beinfit as well as jobseekers... Am i proud? No most definately i am not proud to be living off state handouts.
Why do most people (those that work) Assume that because people like me are on benefits that we are lazy so and so;s. Yes there are people like that out there that have nothing better to do than spend the money on drink and drugs but please do not tar me with the same brush.
A comment on facebook the other day by one of my friends went along the lines of *
Stop benefits being paid in cash, only provide utility bills paid, travel cards to attend job interviews, and food vouchers (which can't be used for anything other than food), no cash for alcohol, tobacco or luxuries, therefore no incentive not to work!!! Problem solved!
Now this is wrong on so many levels, yes it might be ok to give food vouchers and get the utility bills paid for but really no money for anything else? How about travel money to get to interviews god forbid anyone thats looking for a job. How about those with kids like me that have to fork out every few months for new shoes/uniform/clothes?

Its not like we here are living the life of luxury I dont have an Iphone, ipad or anything, We pay for our rent, water bill (£200+) gas electric, food shop a week, the last time i bought clothes was last summer for my birthday since then ive had to make do and repair.
I would love to go on holiday but can't afford that either but according to some i can afford such things.
Don't get me wrong I get angry when i hear of people playing the system and think they shouldl be punished but please just be careful what you say I dont like being called a scrounger I am not I am a person looking for a job, and keeping a family nothing more...

Ok as you were

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: mumblings
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
Sorry Emmz, just spent 15 minutes sat in bed replying and agreeing with you. Fu##in phone got a mind of it's own. :-( and loat my post !!

Basically yes, the scroungers get away with it. While the rest of us look for work or are employed.

Night, I'm ranting and don't trust my phone :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
A friend?
Sorry but a bit thoughtless to put this on your facebook Emmz.
Please try and not to take generalisation too much to heart love, I am sure most people would agree there are genuine people like yourself out there in your position.
Hold your head high!
You are a victim of the current situation in our country which is NOT your fault.
Keep trying and my fingers are crossed for you that you will pull yourself out of this.  x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
Sorry Emmz, just spent 15 minutes sat in bed replying and agreeing with you. Fu##in phone got a mind of it's own. :-( and loat my post !!

That happened to me too earlier this week, they didn't tell me when I bought a 'smart phone' that the user needed to be smart enough to use it!!  :(

Back on topic Emmz - that's the problem of everyone being tarred with the same brush - give a dog a bad name and all that.
I retired due to ill health a few years ago, but I don't claim benefits - just daew my workplace pension early and we too have too watch the pennies until I/we reach state retirement age. Why is it that, when people ask what I 'do', I feel compelled to say that I am retired, but don't claim benefits? It's such a shame that once more the (hopefully) minority have spoilt it for the majority.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:04:37 PM »
I can understand how you both feel - so much stigma attached to not working thses days as the government are trying to weed out the work shy and also highlighting the disabilty scams going on.
I use facebook but must admit that some people post a load of crap on it at times and do post things with out thinking how it may affect 'some' of their friends
I remember after my dad passed away going on and someone had posted a big thingy about cancer sufferers - it was the last thing I wanted or needed splashed on my page. I took myself out of facebook for awhile after that.
Somethings I enjoy reading - @ Slacker - loved the seagull !!  :))  :))
You can both hold your heads high IMO, just try and ignore em. >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk