General Category > Old Chesterfield

Where's this Church

(1/7) > >>

Old Cruser:
This photo was taken around 1905, my grandfather is one of the children sat on the wall.
Unfortunately we don't know where the Church was at first we thought it was ST John's in Tupton but it's not, someone said North Wingfield but I don't think it is.
We will never know!!

Fly:
Tried a couple of things with this one OC, obviously I'll let you know if I hear owt  ;)
Any idea why one of the faces is blurred out if you don't mind me asking?

Old Cruser:

--- Quote from: Fly on May 25, 2015, 07:58:28 PM ---Tried a couple of things with this one OC, obviously I'll let you know if I hear owt  ;)
Any idea why one of the faces is blurred out if you don't mind me asking?

--- End quote ---

The picture wasn't in good shape Fly and a relative cleaned it up the best he could, made a pretty good job of it as well, but unfortunately the little ones face  still couldn't be made clear enough to see.

My grandfathers family moved here from Gloucester and the Church may be there but as we don't know the exact date it was taken it remains a mystery.

poppy:
I thought it might be Brimington Pam but on closer inspection it seems quite a bit smaller that Brimington. I will look through my old postcards and see if that gives any clues. Lovely image though.

Old Cruser:
Thanks Poppy some have said North Wingfield Church but I don't think it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version