General Category > Sport

Business or just plain tactless?

(1/2) > >>

Sorastro:
It has been revealed that the French club Nantes is demanding the transfer fee {£15m} of their ex player Emiliano Sala from Cardiff.

Everyone knows by now what's happened, so is this very bad taste on their part or is it business deal that everyone has signed off on and must be honoured.
It's a "funny" one this in so far as this has set a president, we are talking about a human being here not a second hand car.
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

Alsatian:
Yes I saw that and, whilst it may be the hard face of business that deems it should still be honoured, I think it's too soon to start chasing after the money given the circumstances.

I see on the news this morning that one body has been recovered, but the identity has yet to be released.

Sorastro:
What I find very unpalatable about this is why has it become news out in the public domain anyway, there was no reason at all for this to be made public.

All it took is for the manager of one team to quietly ring the manager of the other team and sensitively come to an arrangement.
After all if the shoe was on the other foot what would Cardiff do?

Old Cruser:
I suppose technically they are owed the money if the legalities had been completed.
Very bad taste and utterly disrepectful though   >:(

Fly:

--- Quote from: Old Cruser on February 07, 2019, 08:49:04 PM ---I suppose technically they are owed the money if the legalities had been completed.
Very bad taste and utterly disrepectful though   >:(

--- End quote ---

What she said  :( :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version