General Category > Sport

Crown Green Bowling

(1/1)

smithy266:
Just wondered if anyone else on here plays this superb game? There are quite a few clubs and greens around this area....I play in Sheffield....and also play the occasional game of flat green bowls....

Alsatian:
I used to play flat green bowls occasionally, but the skills needed for crown green always eluded me!

smithy266:
sounds like you should try again....? I play both, much prefer crown green,.......

Sorastro:
I too dabbled in bowls many years ago and like Alsatian just could not get to grips with crown green, mind you I wasn't overly brilliant at flat green but I did enjoy a few hours on Saturday afternoons during Summers with my brother in law and a couple of mates in Hasland park.

I still have them in a cupboard upstairs {collecting dust} along with the snooker cue I bought at the same time {circa 1980's}

I certainly don't think I would be good enough for a team, but I do enjoy watching it if I pass a green on my travels or watching it from Potters on t.v. when I can.

smithy266:
well....if you ever fancy a session, Cliffe Park has a green that isnt used much......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version