Author Topic: Inkersall Green Methodist Church  (Read 1859 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Inkersall Green Methodist Church
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:57:49 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this Church.
I've been to Inkersall today and as always look at this Church and wonder if it was originally a Drill Hall it looks like it was to me?

http://churchdb.gukutils.org.uk/DBY364.php
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
Re: Inkersall Green Methodist Church
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
I live at Inkersall Pam, and that little church had prominent place on the green before I moved to the village in 1972.  Back then, it was a scruffy building but served a multitude of purposes aside from being a Methodist church.  I used to take my daughters as babies there to a health clinic to get weighed and see the Health Visitor.  Later, my kjds went to Mrs Brownlow's dancing and gym class in that same hall.  It's also used as a Polling Station, and I believe The Mother's Union (if there is still such an organisation) also used to meet there.  I guess there are other activities that still take place there as the lights are often on in the evenings and cars park outside.

I personally have only ever known of one wedding to take place there due to the building being so scruffy back in the day.  The garden surrounding it was messy and overgrown so its no wonder no-one really wanted to make it the feature of their big day.  It's much smarter now, cleaner looking, tidy garden. 

Origins?  Sorry, no idea  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk