Author Topic: I get dafter!  (Read 2680 times)

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
I get dafter!
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
    Talk about have a senior moment (or even a blonde one as that applies too) .....  I fettled my kitchen yesterday as it was long overdue.  Skanky mare that I am, it hadn't been done properly since Christmas week!  Anyway, I digress....after the floor washing and the cupboard wiping, out came the dusters and aerosol to clean the worktops.  All duly done, then husband walked past and asked me why I'd had the fly spray out. 

"I haven't" I replied.  Showing me the can to prove his point, it clearly said Big D Fly Killer on it.  I thought I'd had the Mr Sheen out!!!

That was only the start of it.........

1.  Sent some stuff to the charity shop that was meant for storage in the loft
    2.  Poured a full cup of hot coffee away, as I thought it had been stood there till gone cold
    3.  Shut the cat in the sliding door cupboard under the bed, not realising she was in there
    4.  Used deodorant on my hair instead of hairspray, and wondered why it had gone limp!

And like most 'mature' people, I go into a room and can't for the life of me recall what I've gone for.

It's been a funny old week.

How's YOUR week been?  Hopefully not as wappy as mine  ::)

[/li]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:45:59 PM by Gerty Gumdrop »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: I get dafter!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »
I have times like that as well, it goes with the age I reckon.
Last week I sorted all my drawers out and had a good clear out, also the wardrobe which is built in top to bottom, so I needed the large steps for the top two shelves - the other aspect of age is the moaning and groaning I did the following day after using the steps a lot.
Me poor old bones and muscles ached  :(
Today I've been out for lunch with my friend, who starngely enough just like I do kept losing the thread of her conversation  :))
Oh the joys of old age -  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
remind me to stay in my 30's...

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:40:58 PM »
remind me to stay in my 30's...

Reminder to Emmz...............erm, what is it I'm supposed to remind you of??  >;

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:56:54 PM »
We went out for something to eat on Friday.
As we are going to the same place for a Christening soon hubby thought he would ask about wheelchair access.
It went like this

Hubby to staff - can you tell me what your wheelchair access is like we are coming in March to a Christening

Me - It's in February

Hubby - oH! We are in February now  :-?

Me - No - it's January now  :-?

Goodness knows what the member of staff thought - and all hubby had had to drink was coffee - no idea what they had spiked it with  :))

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:17:48 PM »
Crikey OC, I'm crying with laughter here!!!!!  That's so funny - and so familiar.

My daughter would happily regale you with similar conversations between me and Mr Gert that end up being so convoluted she throws her hands up and walks off.  Me and him look at each other laughing as WE know exactly what we mean!

Anyway, I had a modicum of success today in that I turfed out another wardrobe.  I managed to stash the 'keep' pile in the right place, and didn't get the charity shop and 'tip' bags mixed up.  It all ended up in its rightful place.  I think it was probably down to the cat, who gleefully sat in the middle of it all in a supervisory capacity. ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:20:51 PM by Gerty Gumdrop »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:18 PM »
Don't dis the cat. They knows you know  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »
Gerty, it comes to us all doesn't it.
I marvel at my aunt who is well into her 80's and seems more 'with it' than me!!

Sounds as if we are like minded in having a clear out.
My next challenge is the spare bedding I have, all in good condition, but now I've retired I don't need so much ( it was for the children )
Not sure where to take it, but it's a shame to just throw it out.

Cats - our Flash like yours loves sitting in the middle of things when I'm busy!
 Saying 'Shift Flash' - doesn't work!!

If I could remember some of the daft things I have said I would tell you - only I can't remember  ::) I know my daughter has a good laugh at me sometimes  :-[

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »
Don't dis the cat. They knows you know  ;)

I luvs my cat.  She got me sussed!  :D

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
OC, if the bedding is clean and in good condition (I can't imagine it's otherwise), the Charity Shops will happily take it.  I took some yesterday.  There were a couple of duvet covers, matching pillowcases, fitted sheets etc.  Not QUITE like new but still clean and very serviceable.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »
OK thanks Gerty, I didn't know they took bedding.
Lunch is on, so off upstairs to sort out the bedding  ;)

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:56 PM »
OK thanks Gerty, I didn't know they took bedding.
Lunch is on, so off upstairs to sort out the bedding  ;)

OC, take a look at this link  http://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/environment-planning/live-cooler-smarter-greener/reuse/charities-voluntary-groups-/

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »
One for you gerty  ;)

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.'
The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns.'
'Do you mean a rose?'
'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, 'Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

and another one  ;)

Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a check-up, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember ..
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.

'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure.'

'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it.'

'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'

'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.

Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'

Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, the old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs. She stares at the plate for a moment.

'I told you to write it down. You forgot the toast!'    Smile

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:27:35 PM by Old Cruser »

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:19 PM »
 :)) :)) :))

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile