General Category > General Discussion

Smart Meter

(1/16) > >>

Old Cruser:
We did apply to have one installed after having another email. This time the link worked and they are coming tomorrow to install it.

handy:
Its mainly for your supplier,saves them sending a man to read your meter, had one a couple of years.

Slacker:
Or in the case of Ovo saves me sending a reading. Would advise taking photograph of final readings on old one because they cocked mine up and reckoned I owed hundreds

Old Cruser:
I already send a monthly read in but thought I had read I still had to send them?
Thanks for the tip Andy, I'll tel hubby to get his camera out!

Alsatian:
Resurrecting an old thread, I find the current tv advertising incredulous that they can promise homeowners potentially big savings on their energy bills.

I had them fitted shortly before my cancer surgery so, should anything untoward have happened, it'd be one thing less (reading meters) for my wife to do. The fitters arrived and, as the meters are behind a kitchen cupboard, I was told that I'd need a piece cutting out of the bottom shelf to facilitate fitting of the gas meter.

On their second visit, both meters were fitted, but there was no need for the shelf to be cut up, as the gas meter fitted fine.

Anyway everything was eventually set up, (as the energy company couldn't get the in home display to show the correct tariffs).

All went well until I switched supplier and my meters reverted to being 'dumb', so I was back to providing my supplier with meter reads! Who in their right mind allowed such a huge project to take place with each supplier using their own version of smart meters. I now refuse the current badgering by my supplier to have replacement meters. Apparently there's a nationwide upgrade to all 1st generation meters due sometime in 2019/20, which will make them once again smart meters.

So, all in all, a huge c**k up! Now, they're promising fantastic savings - I for one don't need a visible display to tell me to switch the lights off or turn the heating off when I don't need them. Indeed my in home display was put in the pantry out of the way!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version