Author Topic: Things that really annoy me  (Read 9526 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Things that really annoy me
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2022, 08:32:25 PM »
I was told, at a very early age, that any task you may perform, be it building a house or just paying your bus fare, a good 80% of it is preparation.

So it really annoys me to see the most mundane of tasks becoming jobs of epic proportions, and I'm sorry to say it's mainly shoppers.
Now I'm not the patient of shoppers, so when it comes to seeing people making a simple task difficult {daily} my blood boils. We were in Morrisons at checkout, the lady in front of us was having about a dozen items scanned through whilst insisting on talking on her phone, you know when they put the phone between their triple chins and a shoulder to resemble Quasimodo on speed. She obviously couldn't do two jobs at once so rather than put her phone down and concentrate she was rabbiting on whilst making a pigs ear hole of packing her stuff, then when it finally came to pay she had an oversized "handbag" and rummaged around in it to produce a purse slightly smaller than a loaf of bread, and when opened there were cards of every description slotted into every orifice.
Just why is it necessary to carry literally dozens of cards round with you if your only visiting maybe two shops. I just have a small credit card type flat wallet that just contains my bank card, licence, bus pass, vaccine card and organ donor card AND THAT'S IT!!
The week previous {same scenario} the bloke in front of us suddenly figured out he hadn't brought enough money with him {YEA'H RIGHT}
so the checkout girl {plus a supervisor} were re scanning his items to see what could be deducted and we were only talking about 30 bob the veins in my head were throbbing, all they had to do take stuff back and say "Come back when you have the right money".

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2023, 06:03:34 PM »
Normally I am very tolerant of people I speak to on the phone....but!
When ringing a company for example I do expect the person on the other end of the phone to have more than just a modicum of the Queens English.

I had occasion to ring Severn Trent a couple of weeks ago basically to ask if there was still a hosepipe ban on round here, so I could wash my car without using a watering can, as I couldn't get a definitive answer browsing. The lad that answered the phone, to say English wasn't his first language was an understatement.......I don't even think it was his second or third! I had to ask the same question at least 4 times and each time he just couldn't get his head round the word "hosepipe" totally alien to him, in the end he started muttering something about a water shortage so I just said thanks and hung up.

And I STILL don't know!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2023, 02:30:08 PM »
I had occasion to ring Severn Trent a couple of weeks ago basically to ask if there was still a hosepipe ban on round here, so I could wash my car without using a watering can, as I couldn't get a definitive answer browsing.
And I STILL don't know!

Received an Email/ newsletter from Severn Trent a couple of days ago basically saying how brilliant they are and amongst their boasts was the quote:-
"We haven't had a hosepipe ban since 1995". I'm assuming by "WE" they are just referring to themselves and not other water companies  nationwide..........well at least I  now know.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2023, 07:23:01 PM »
Wait for it --- after the dry hot spell it's coming ----- ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2023, 08:57:07 PM »
I actually washed my car just over a week ago and I used the hosepipe, talk about looking guilty, how in heavens name can you act nonchalant waving a 40 foot hosepipe in the street hoping no ones going to notice.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2023, 09:14:40 AM »
it always amazes me the amount of car washing places we have, and usually busy.... but I don't bother....when it's raining is a good time to clean a car...so I'm told!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2023, 10:19:56 AM »
Why is it necessary for {especially} men, when bending down, to show everyone the crack of their a*se. Whenever I go out irrespective of what I'm doing or where I'm going I put on trousers/shorts that fit round my waist, boxers that are basically the same height, a T shirt/ shirt
well down my back or if formal tucked into my trousers.
Instead they wear ill fitting jeans {or mainly track suit bottoms} I'm convinced most go "commando" and filthy T shirts that barely cover their pot bellies let alone their derriere's.
Just last week in Morrisons one guy at the meat display cabinet rifling through the packs of meat with his rear end on display, I called the wife over and said "Look at the crack on him" a woman about 3 feet away from me looked at me daggers as the bloke walked over to her, obviously her husband, I looked at her and said disgusting and walked away, she didn't argue.
We were just coming out of Morrisons only yesterday and there was a young{ish} porker checking his goods through the self service and was bent over {in tracky bottoms] to such a degree ALL his big hairy a*se was visible, another inch lower and we would have seen the twins, absolutely disgusting, especially if there is young children around. 
I blame the supermarkets, they are not policing their customers properly, security it seems is just there for shoplifters, they tolerate these lard*sses  because their money is as good as everyone else's, but surely there MUST be some sort of dress code when shopping, I heard a while back Tesco's stopped people shopping at night in their pyjamas {as some did} but it's all right for you to shop with your bits hanging out.
It's almost as bad as blokes walking round supermarkets in the Summer months in speedo's and little else, looking like they've just walked off the beach, watching them pick up fruit and veg interspersed with scratching their nethers.

:)) :))

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2023, 10:24:05 AM »
Or people who feel the need to buy a large 4x4 without having the ability to drive it!

Coming back from Hartington today there were several of these, and all of them had to drive with the offside wheels glued to the centre line of the road. What makes it worse is the fact that they obviously don't know the width of their vehicles and, on narrow roads, carry on with a foot of room between the nearside wheels and the edge of the road, whilst we have to go grass tracking!

Totally agree with the 4x4 comments and it happens a lot!
If you can't drive it don't buy it!
Our car has a hoist for daughters wheelchair and driving with a large heavy w/chair in the back makes for slightly different style of driving. We have to convert to what type of vehicle we have - if we can't drive them we shouldn't be at the wheel but there seems to be some kind of status to having a 4 x 4 not sure why though!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2023, 10:45:58 AM »
it always amazes me the amount of car washing places we have, and usually busy.... but I don't bother....when it's raining is a good time to clean a car...so I'm told!

Since having my latest car just over 2 years I've taken it to one of these wash places three times, and every time i get back home one of the rubber door guards on the two front doors is missing so I do it myself.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2023, 11:34:57 PM »
I was at a car show today, and spent much of the time by my car....but very close was another car...obviously....but the guy sitting by that was vaping and kept puffing out loads of awfully smelling smoke.........I couldn't get away from it!

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2023, 04:07:26 PM »
Jeez you sound like Victor.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2023, 04:11:27 PM »
Oh I really don't like people who use a hosepipe to wash their car.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2023, 04:13:00 PM »
Oh I really don't like people who use a hosepipe to wash their car.

Hosepipes are useful getting the initial dust off before hand washing

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2023, 04:15:43 PM »
If one more female shop assistant says Byee Byee to me in that stupid high pitched Tele Tubbies voice I'll SCREAM.   :-X
Maybe have the bottle to tell them and you may get barred from the shop. It's better than a shop assistant not even trying to be polite to you. They may say it line that because they could have a medical condition. I know a lad who speaks with a squeaky voice and he can't help it. He has a inherited medical condition.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2023, 04:17:00 PM »
Normally I am very tolerant of people I speak to on the phone....but!
When ringing a company for example I do expect the person on the other end of the phone to have more than just a modicum of the Queens English.

Reading you're posts 🥱 really

I had occasion to ring Severn Trent a couple of weeks ago basically to ask if there was still a hosepipe ban on round here, so I could wash my car without using a watering can, as I couldn't get a definitive answer browsing. The lad that answered the phone, to say English wasn't his first language was an understatement.......I don't even think it was his second or third! I had to ask the same question at least 4 times and each time he just couldn't get his head round the word "hosepipe" totally alien to him, in the end he started muttering something about a water shortage so I just said thanks and hung up.

And I STILL don't know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk