Author Topic: Amazon (the Internet store, not the forest)  (Read 960 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Amazon (the Internet store, not the forest)
« on: January 31, 2021, 08:46:47 PM »
Not sure if you know, I certainly didn't, but if you are returning multiple items back to Amazon, you have to send them in separate boxes/packages.

This is despite the fact that I've always included both return authorisations and attached to the outside the individual return labels!

This seems ludicrous and a waste of resources, plus more work for the courier companies.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Amazon (the Internet store, not the forest)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 09:59:08 AM »
An unfortunate (for me) update:

I returned 2 brand new fitness watches to Amazon before Christmas as 'not suutable'.

I returned them both in the same box and now they're saying that they've only received one watch, so they're going to charge the other one back to my card.

This is despite both return authorisation labels being included in the box, and both return address labels attached to the outside!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:03:58 AM »
They are crafty devils Alsatian. I've never had to return anything so didn't know about their rule. Thanks for the tip off.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 11:25:09 AM »
Putting my parcel delivery head on...I was in the parcel delivery game for almost 40 years for a well known company based in Sheepbridge.

The reasons things happen are usually straightforward, they started using scanners as proof of delivery and lately want you to return items in single boxes mainly because it's all down to saving time but also trust.

When I started delivering parcels many moons ago I had a rural{ish} round so I could quite happily leave many parcels on the doorsteps, without gaining a signature, safe in the knowledge they would be there when someone got home, I think in one five year stint only ONE parcel on my route was classed as "not delivered" a.k.a. pinched and even that parcel, as it turned out, had been delivered by British Rail {yes they delivered as well then}
Then the rot set in certain people found it a money spinner to claim they had not received a parcel when they had, plus nicking parcels off doorsteps became more prevalent to the point it became a full time job for many a tea leaf. hence the introduction of scanners, this is why parcel deliverers go from house to house if someone is not in to try to leave with a neighbour and obtain a signature
 {obviously Covid has curtailed this practice to some extent for a while}
Sending back parcels in individual boxes usually means that it saves the depot having to sort through a box with multiple items in checking what can be re used and what can't, plus people could claim they had packed more items in a parcel when in fact they hadn't making it very difficult for the company to prove otherwise. Those items that can't be re sold usually go straight to an auction site to be sold off en mass to the highest bidder.

I sent back a parcel a couple of weeks ago to Amazon. I sent back two pillows that when they arrived were shrunk wrapped and each one was about as big as 2 toilet rolls end to end. They arrived in a box that was about the same size as my kitchen fridge and the brown wrapping paper {obviously ripped off a large roll} was so long I actually measured the length of it and it was 75 feet long. When I took the box to the Post office to return it the box was so big she couldn't fit it through the P.O. counter door.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 01:22:10 PM »
Putting my parcel delivery head on...I was in the parcel delivery game for almost 40 years for a well known company based in Sheepbridge.

The reasons things happen are usually straightforward, they started using scanners as proof of delivery and lately want you to return items in single boxes mainly because it's all down to saving time but also trust.

When I started delivering parcels many moons ago I had a rural{ish} round so I could quite happily leave many parcels on the doorsteps, without gaining a signature, safe in the knowledge they would be there when someone got home, I think in one five year stint only ONE parcel on my route was classed as "not delivered" a.k.a. pinched and even that parcel, as it turned out, had been delivered by British Rail {yes they delivered as well then}
Then the rot set in certain people found it a money spinner to claim they had not received a parcel when they had, plus nicking parcels off doorsteps became more prevalent to the point it became a full time job for many a tea leaf. hence the introduction of scanners, this is why parcel deliverers go from house to house if someone is not in to try to leave with a neighbour and obtain a signature
 {obviously Covid has curtailed this practice to some extent for a while}
Sending back parcels in individual boxes usually means that it saves the depot having to sort through a box with multiple items in checking what can be re used and what can't, plus people could claim they had packed more items in a parcel when in fact they hadn't making it very difficult for the company to prove otherwise. Those items that can't be re sold usually go straight to an auction site to be sold off en mass to the highest bidder.

I sent back a parcel a couple of weeks ago to Amazon. I sent back two pillows that when they arrived were shrunk wrapped and each one was about as big as 2 toilet rolls end to end. They arrived in a box that was about the same size as my kitchen fridge and the brown wrapping paper {obviously ripped off a large roll} was so long I actually measured the length of it and it was 75 feet long. When I took the box to the Post office to return it the box was so big she couldn't fit it through the P.O. counter door.

Good grief, how bad is that!
We are currently waiting for a parcel ( not from Amazon) and paid £5.00 extra for a quicker delivery as it is a birthday gift.
It's now out of it's delivery time so i have reminded them of the £5.00 and told them I would expect it being returned into the account!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
Further update:after speaking to Customer Service again, they have agreed, as an exception, not to charge me again for the 'missing' watch.

Thank goodness for that! I can sort of see that some unscrupulous people could say they've returned things when they haven't. I did offer to send them copies of a Curry's receipt to prove that I did purchase replacements from another retailer,and why would I do that if I hadn't returned both watches?

Anyway all is now well in the German shepherd household!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:13:02 PM by Alsatian »

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
Just as a matter of interest.........the new Amazon commercial on t.v. the one showing women scooter riders delivering parcels in India to the strains of It's a mans world.
Now how do you view it.......

Is Amazon a forward thinking company that firmly believes that women have an equal opportunity in a male dominated environment.

Or is it just cashing in on the fact that women will work for next to nothing, wages aren't high in India so possibly even lower for women.

I know which one I plump for.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk