Author Topic: inconsiderate drivers and their parking habits  (Read 756 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
inconsiderate drivers and their parking habits
« on: August 29, 2022, 12:43:29 PM »
I have used my car three times since last Tuesday, once to Asda Sutton in Ashfield {as the item we needed was not available in town} the second was Chesterfield, parking, as usual, in the Rose hill car park behind the town hall, the third Lidl Brampton.
 I have possibly mentioned before when using car parks I park in a part that has the least vehicles parked thereby ensuring no tight squeezes and it means a longer walk.
At Asda I parked in the, half full, front car park with at least 5 empty spaces either side, when we came out one of the other bays had a 4x4 parked in it and it was flush up to my car and it was a squeeze to get in.
In Chesterfield I parked in the top right hand corner of the car park {under the trees} 2 spaces down from a car parked in the top bay and only 2 other cars in those bays at the bottom near the barriers the rest empty, and yes you've guessed it when we got back the top car had gone and there was a white 2 DOOR car parked next to mine and even I could see they must have struggled to get out of the car as it was so close I had to walk sideways to get to my door and could only open my door perhaps 18 inches and squeeze in. Yesterday we went to Lidl Brampton, nice wide bays but still parked with spaces either side and no one next to me when we got back.
Yesterday afternoon I noticed something had been dragged down the full length of the drivers side of my car. Fearing the worst I began to clean that side of the car to assess the damage and after about 20 minutes of vigorous rubbing  the "scratch" had disappeared so thankfully it can't have been caused by something metallic.
What on earth possesses people to park so inconsiderately, I mean it's not rocket science, a child of three could park better.
There's can only be two possible explanations, either they are as thick as pudding or they just don't care.
I think it would help making the bays wider like Lidl, but then Chesterfield car parks wouldn't get quite so many cars in an therefore lose revenue, and that would never do.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Rheged

• View Profile
Re: inconsiderate drivers and their parking habits
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 09:44:04 PM »
Wider bays would mean a lesser number of bays = less revenue for paid car parks.

Supermarkets are only intent in getting the highest footfall possible, so provide the max number of narrow bays to achieve that aim.
It's OK if you don't like me.
Not everyone has good taste!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 01:19:37 PM »
I have used my car three times since last Tuesday, once to Asda Sutton in Ashfield {as the item we needed was not available in town} the second was Chesterfield, parking, as usual, in the Rose hill car park behind the town hall, the third Lidl Brampton.
 I have possibly mentioned before when using car parks I park in a part that has the least vehicles parked thereby ensuring no tight squeezes and it means a longer walk.
At Asda I parked in the, half full, front car park with at least 5 empty spaces either side, when we came out one of the other bays had a 4x4 parked in it and it was flush up to my car and it was a squeeze to get in.
In Chesterfield I parked in the top right hand corner of the car park {under the trees} 2 spaces down from a car parked in the top bay and only 2 other cars in those bays at the bottom near the barriers the rest empty, and yes you've guessed it when we got back the top car had gone and there was a white 2 DOOR car parked next to mine and even I could see they must have struggled to get out of the car as it was so close I had to walk sideways to get to my door and could only open my door perhaps 18 inches and squeeze in. Yesterday we went to Lidl Brampton, nice wide bays but still parked with spaces either side and no one next to me when we got back.
Yesterday afternoon I noticed something had been dragged down the full length of the drivers side of my car. Fearing the worst I began to clean that side of the car to assess the damage and after about 20 minutes of vigorous rubbing  the "scratch" had disappeared so thankfully it can't have been caused by something metallic.
What on earth possesses people to park so inconsiderately, I mean it's not rocket science, a child of three could park better.
There's can only be two possible explanations, either they are as thick as pudding or they just don't care.
I think it would help making the bays wider like Lidl, but then Chesterfield car parks wouldn't get quite so many cars in an therefore lose revenue, and that would never do.

I always try and get an end parking place because of the above. Not so long ago in Sainsburys I had to be pushed out of a parking bay because of the above reasons.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 02:15:35 PM »
Went to chatsworth for a walk last week and, as usual, parked right at the end of the car park away from other cars. Came back and I was still the only car - except for one car that parked at the side of me, right up to my door....... WHY? 🤬
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk