General Category > Politics

Liz Truss resigns

(1/5) > >>

hifimad:
Liz Truss resignation was inevitable the pity is she was allowed to inflict imense damage on the economy before her political demise and already there is talk that benefit recipients and the poor in general are being lined up to pay for it, this after twelve years of austerity where benefits were slashed by thousands of pounds in real terms and the NHS and other sevices people rely on were starved of investment, the kindest thing that could be said about twelve years of Tory misrule. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIo42ws57s

Old Cruser:
Good  (y)

Sorastro:
There's even rumblings in the ranks of "Come back Boris...all is forgiven"

These past few days was like watching a slow motion train crash.

hifimad:
i find the idea of the return of Boris to be a massive backwards step, if this happens the 2.5% of credibility the Tory has left will be wiped out completely.

Sorastro:
Again only in politics can a senior member of the party literally be sacked and then re apply for the same job a couple of months later.

I know of no other "industry" that does that, nor would I expect anyone who has been sacked from a firm have the audacity to re apply for a job that they were not deemed fit to do a few weeks ago.

My prediction is he won't re apply, but if he does:-
A - He's got some nerve... and B - the Tory parties ratings will slump even lower {if that's possible}.
They must be in self destruct mode if the only Tory champion is a former disgraced P.M.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version