Author Topic: Lads night out  (Read 1722 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Lads night out
« on: August 12, 2023, 09:01:44 PM »
I have never understood why lads and men {of all shapes and sizes} go out of an evening wearing football jerseys!
You wouldn't go out in your overalls at night, unless you've JUST finished work, or that's the only clothes you possess.
Professional footballers don't go out at night with a football jersey on and they PLAY football, to them it's overalls, they would sooner watch some overweight wannabee splash out for one then walk round in it giving the clubs sponsor free advertising.

I like the music of Mozart but I wouldn't go out wearing knee length breeches and a powdered wig.

And it's not as though these shirts are cheap {unless it's a knock off} and most of the time clubs change their "strip" so an ardent fan is constantly shelling out for them.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Lads night out
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 12:15:59 PM »
Times have changed from our younger days. I was talking to my foster son the other day and asked him 3 times what he had said - i still haven't a clue what he was on about  :))
I gave up  :))
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 10:53:57 AM »
It's what people choose to wear and feel comfortable in that's all that matters. Girls and ladies wear them as well. And also rugby shirts. It's a different era now.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 11:40:13 AM »
I usually wear a polo shirt that says my car club, by other car club, my local brewery, my golf club. my bowls club......only one at a time though!

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 02:58:08 PM »
Slim people also wear football shirts. Not just overweight people. Most clothes have some brand or logo on. It's each to their own and when they have earnt their money at work people can buy what they want. It's no different to teenagers who spend thousands on pop groups and wear their t shirts which Change often with different designs. If the football shirt's are knock off then maybe some people would still wear one because they can't afford the correct one and it May not bother them. The best branded clothing can be found in top end high shops and people are not always aware they are being sold a fake item which looks the real deal. I know a woman who bought a pair of UGG boots from a shop that was a proper shop and the boots she found out were fakes. What happens is they get switched in delivery and the shop owner is non the wiser.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 03:24:25 PM »
The last time I was in Chesterfield at night on route to Sheffield the ladies were tottering round in clothes which were more for the beach holiday. The men were very casually dressed some in shorts.
Evening wear seems to have gone out of fashion.

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 04:28:10 PM »
It's 2023 not the days when people went out in a suit and jacket and made a half last all evening and played cards and dominos and then someone played on the old Joanna.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 04:35:26 PM »
It was actually 2019.
We used to go to the night club Aquarias That was evening dress. Sometimes we called in Chesterfield with evening wear but didn't look over dresse
What goes around comes around.

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 06:08:55 PM »
Maybe you should have mentioned the year you went out then. You actually didn't. What goes around comes around what is that all about. I'm new on here so don't really know what to say. And don't know how this kind of thing works

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 07:14:56 PM »
Maybe you should have mentioned the year you went out then. You actually didn't. What goes around comes around what is that all about. I'm new on here so don't really know what to say. And don't know how this kind of thing works

The year is irrelevant.
Oh a newbie eh

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »
I really don't know what you are going on about. I have only just joined this and that is that. If you don't want to welcome a new person then I will cancel this if I can and it's at all possible to do so and all my personal and private details are not shared anyway else. Hostility what is the need because that is what I'm getting from this which I don't want from you. The year isn't irrelevant  it was just conversation so what was the what comes around goes around to me. Why say that to a person joining a platform or whatever it is it's called. Maybe I will just cancel my details I don't feel welcome on this platform and I've only just  joined. Well done to you

« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:31:45 PM by Doyouwanttostart »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 07:50:16 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk