Author Topic: Hady -  (Read 5946 times)

redadmiral

• View Profile
Re: Hady -
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
Hady was built around 1953 onwards. My parents, now both passed, moved into their home on Lee Road in 1954 around 6 months after my birth. The houses were owned by the Coal Board until the Board sought to sell them on prior to dissolution of the NCB. I think my parents bought their house in the late seventies since their home would have transferred to a new landlord. They did get the house at a reasonable discount.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »
I suppose if the house hadn't been updated by the time your parents bought it the price would indeed have been reasonable redadmiral.
Have you any idea who actually redesigned the outer shell - or were they built like that?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

redadmiral

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »
Sorry OC but I flew the nest mid seventies. I don't think anyone had a brick outer skin built then because the NCB hadn't disposed of the housing stock by then. I do remember seeing brick skins appear when visiting. The only name I remember my parents using was referring to the blocks of 3 which they called Wimpeys. I assume they were built by Wimpey. They never referred to the blocks of 4 as Wimpeys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk