Author Topic: Flu and Covid Injections  (Read 415 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Flu and Covid Injections
« on: October 06, 2023, 05:05:33 PM »
It's that time of year and the newest Covid strain is very much around us all. Some seem to breeze through having it whilst others are really poorly.
We've had our Flu Jab at our GP but went to our local Chemist 'drop in' for our Covid. It was quick and easy.
Many don't have these injections for different reasons but I've always had mine.
Fingers crossed I don't go down with either!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Flu and Covid Injections
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 07:04:15 PM »
Had our flu jabs last Friday and our covid Monday both at C/C surgery.

Since Monday I have had a chest infection, I blame the flu jab, first one I ever had many years ago now I was ill for what seemed an eternity and vowed never to have another and so didn't for years after. Since then this is only my third flu jab the first two I was fine but this has laid me low, too much of a coincidence if you ask me.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 06:01:22 PM »
Had our flu jabs last Friday and our covid Monday both at C/C surgery.

Since Monday I have had a chest infection, I blame the flu jab, first one I ever had many years ago now I was ill for what seemed an eternity and vowed never to have another and so didn't for years after. Since then this is only my third flu jab the first two I was fine but this has laid me low, too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

Both my Flu and Covid have given me a rash around the injection site. They itch a little but nothing major. So I suppose I'm fortunate. One of my friends stopped having the flu injection as she used to go down with a really bad cold or flu after having hers.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 08:38:57 PM »
My wife gets her flu jab every year, as she's "clinically vulnerable", having asthma. She never gets flu, so that seems to work.

We both got the first round of Covid jabs, and both got Covid not long after. Wasn't too bad, annoying more than serious. So the jab doing it's job, and keeping the symptoms mild, then?

We both went for the second round jabs, and guess what? Yep, both got it again, a few weeks after. Again, not too serious. Just like a bad cold or mild flu.

Since then, neither of us had a Covid jab, and have never had Covid since.

I'm not Anti-Vax, or any kind of idiot conspiracy theorist, and I'm not suggesting anyone else should follow our example. It's just that in our case, NOT getting the jab seems to offer better protection than getting it.   ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk