Author Topic: Jamie Olivers new show (or how to profit from a calamity)  (Read 3184 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Jamie Olivers new show (or how to profit from a calamity)
« on: April 03, 2020, 01:32:04 AM »
Jamie Oliver's Keep Calm and Cook coronavirus recipes, really?, are there no depths to which this fat tongued, smug, self promoting, mockney tw@ and failed restaurateur will not stoop to in his blatantly self serving attempt to increase his profile to hopefully enable him to sell more of his works of literary bilge masquerading as valuable information, in these trouble times we need helpfull impartial information not this sleezebag who is clearly atempting to exploit and profit from this countries present calamitous situation, i have two words for you Oliver and the secend one is OFF.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Jamie Olivers new show (or how to profit from a calamity)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 07:58:47 AM »
I take it you're not a fan?!  >;
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:00:05 PM »
This smug self satisfied mockney charlatan is singlehandedly responsible for ruining our kids school dinners, also the sugar tax which has made childrens soft drinks unafordable to the poorest families in our society and to make these drinks halfway palatable it is now necessary to lace them with chemical substitutes rather than a natural ingredient, a good case in point is lucozade which is now undrinkable due to its bitter after taste.
He ran a restaraunt chain that went bust because no one wanted to pay good money to buy his inedible garlic ridden swill and now we have to put up with him on TV promoting the same filth that nobody wants anyway, lets consign this failed self styled savior of the nations eating habits to the same place the majority of his inedible slop ended up and that is the dustbin.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:26:13 PM »

Leave him be. At least he's giving the Precinct security folk a rest  :)) :D ;D :)) :D 8) C:-) (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 01:40:39 PM »
Leave him be. At least he's giving the Precinct security folk a rest  :)) :D ;D :)) :D 8) C:-) (y)
i thought you said that subject was tiresome yet this is the second time you have alluded to it to my knowledge, am i to take it you find it funny that  the Precinct Security attack innocent disabled people or do you just support all abusive behaviour.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:45:15 PM by hifimad »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 03:07:00 PM »
I give up !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 02:20:58 PM »
At the end of the day Jamie Oliver is above all a businessman, plus in the kitchen there are not many out there that can better him. Yes he's made mistakes, sometimes costly mistakes but he's at least in most of these ventures he's lost his OWN money and not other peoples, plus with this new programme he's not doing anything anyone of the others wouldn't do...he just thought of it first!

I find his programmes to be enlightening. Jamie's 30 minute meals, Jamie's 15 minute meals. These programmes were designed to inform the people beautiful people that cooking is not some sort of voodoo ritual that will shrivel your extremities if you attempt it. This is to enlighten the bone idle sods, who only go into the kitchen to make a cup of tea, use the washer or to reach the back garden. that at the end of the day {good nutritious} meals can be prepared in less time than it takes to ring a take away AND CHEAPER!!!!
He doesn't faff about like the others on the box, he gets on with it.

Yes I agree he can come over as smug and self opinionated at times........ but he can afford to be.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »
i watched his latest offering on gogglebox and the people on the show were laughing because to make his minestrone soup they could not buy the stuff he was using in the shops at the moment, he also did a cheap meal making program, where he brought stuff from his cupboard which most people would never used or even heard of, also as a person who likes salt i sit at the table with my meal and pick up the cruet and put the salt on its intended target , i do not get the plate and place it on the flat of my hand and raise it to eye level about two inch from my eyes and sprinkle salt on my meal, why not? because i  am not a pretentious mokney pillock, and sometimes the reason people buy takeways is because the takeaway shop does it better, my family will tell you i make a homemade chicken and sweetcorn soup far better than any chinese restaraunt however my chinese culinary skill ends there so if we want chinese food the takeaway it is, also prior to the lockdown a lot of families had both partners working and after you have done a shift who wants to start work all over again, also the failed restaraunts were not soley owned by Oliver he took a load of investors down as well.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »
As I said he's made mistakes, show me someone who hasn't! everyone at one time or another has "overspent" and found themselves in difficulties, the bigger the bank balance {and yes ego} the bigger the difficulty. I've never once intimated he was perfect he just comes across as someone who knows his way round a kitchen. I was just mentioning the programmes on my earlier post, as I've not seen the new series.
I remember the pictures of schoolchildren's parents stuffing sausage rolls and chips through school railings to feed their "starving children"
This was not because J.O. was trying to feed them slop or starving them at school dinnertime, the children's parents did it basically to stop their little darlings from asking for a "proper" meal when they got home because most couldn't boil water. 

The main thrust of my post was precisely what I mentioned about 30/15 minute meals. You both don't have to finish a 12 hour shift and when you get home "Start work all over again" a really good meal can be dished out in the time it takes to mash and drink a cup of tea.
As for Chinese takeaways, yes I like them and I order them fairly regularly, but I'm afraid for most households nowadays,  that is all a meal consists of, picking up the telephone.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 05:32:50 PM »
or maybe the chidren were starving because they would not eat the garlic ridden slop they were being forced to endure, all washed down with foul tasting chemical lased soft drinks beacause some poncy over fed sounthern pratt insisted we should remove sugar from soft drinks just to make himself more famous, and as for 15 minute meals i would suspect the most of them are pasta based slop i would not touch if you paid me, and i am conflicted to say as an ex hotel second chef and stand in first chef i do know my way around a kitchen and at times it is a pain in the a*se i could well do without, at least before the lock down we would have a pub meal every week, just to give me a day off.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 08:00:45 PM »
Or conversely:-
 Maybe the children were starving because they were given a choice of stuff they had possibly never tasted {or even seen before} and it may have tasted alien to them because unlike their normal 2000 calorie a day dinners it wasn't swimming in grease or contained 19 spoons full of sugar. Jamie should have realised THEN he was flogging a dead horse, and he wasn't the only one to try over the years, Prue Leith, James Martin to name but two these also tried and failed in one way or another to "educate" people about what they ate because they, like Jamie, found out you can't educate pork.

You as an ex chef {and more so a pub meal eater} knows only too well the offerings on say a pubs children's menu, fish fingers, beans, chips and chicken nuggets oh and don't forget Cola......constantly continue to feed a child the same and they will continue to ask for the same.
By the way 15/30 minute meals, I've had both books for years and can assure you he's not pasta mad {but he does like it} 

It seems we will just have to agree to disagree hifimad.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 12:24:35 AM »
i would never describe people who know what they like as pork, and i must point out there is no such food stuff either healthy or unhealthy moderation and balance is the key, my favorite foods are clotted cream sirloin steak lemon curd tarts browned round the edges and my own home made lemon meringue which i make with lots of eggs and butter and the lemon part 2-3 inches thick, now you get a bunch of foodies like oliver and company together and they will tell you any one of those items are unhealthy, as for the 19 spoons of sugar at least you know what you are getting and it is not a cocktail of indeterninate chemicals championed by the food nazis such as oliver and co, also as a footnote one of the sweetening chemicals widely used in fizzy drinks in the 1960s was sodium cyclamate which after years of use was banned worlwide at one point due to possible links to cancer, i wonder if the chemicals now being used to replace sugar will continue to be benign, and finally when it comes to teaching people how to cook my money is on Delia Smith, no lectures and judgemental horse dung no stupid talk like pukka and the like just straight forward education in the art of cooking.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 12:18:28 PM »
Jamie Oliver's Keep Calm and Cook coronavirus recipes, really?, are there no depths to which this fat tongued, smug, self promoting, mockney tw@ and failed restaurateur will not stoop to in his blatantly self serving attempt to increase his profile to hopefully enable him to sell more of his works of literary bilge masquerading as valuable information, in these trouble times we need helpfull impartial information not this sleezebag who is clearly atempting to exploit and profit from this countries present calamitous situation, i have two words for you Oliver and the secend one is OFF.

hifimad you make me chuckle young man, your so passionate about things. Don't ever change  :)) x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 10:06:12 AM »
LOL  :))

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »
that looks a whole heap nicer than anyting that fat tongued mockney self promoting mountebank would have cooked, are you sure you followed the recipe properly >;
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 07:05:09 PM by hifimad »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk