Author Topic: That's the jollies 2013 sorted.  (Read 33816 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: That's the jollies 2013 sorted.
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2013, 07:55:45 PM »
Sorry Alsatian, meant to comment last night.
Some great snaps there. Love the towel bed art stuff.
I have a few snaps of similiar to post from our hols.
The hotel and food looks very tidy  :)

Met up with Pete today, he mentioned my lack of holiday photo's, he thought I'd flood the forum with them  :D
If I don't post a few tonight, I'll do it in the morning  ;)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
Early morning shot.

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:26:12 PM by Fly »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:58 PM »
Got back today from our hols and my oh my have you lot been busy it will take me ages to read through it all. For now though I have some washing to put in and will be back!  >:
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
Nice to see you back, hope you had a great relaxing time.
Well, actually I know you did  ;D

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »
It was a special holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday next month, the hotel was absolutely fantastic! The staff were so friendly and efficient and the food was amazing! We had a welcoming bottle of wine and bowl of fruit on arrival and, on the Sunday, we returned to our room to find that they'd put towels on the bed in the shape of a heart and swans!! Room service then came with another bottle of wine and a birthday cake!!

In the restaurant they did ice sculptures to compliment the food, I even tried the foreign stuff!!

As well as the hotel they have poolside villas with their own pool and bathing facilities.

The weather was warm in the day but the nights were a good deal cooler, it's safe to say that we'll definitely be going back!  8)

When I saw the photo's I thought you had been cruising Alsatian - the towels/ice sculptures are the things they do on ships.
lovely photo's looks a lovely place - did you see me waving to you from that ship  ;) Pleased you enjoyed it especially as it was a special birthday  :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
Early morning shot.

Lovely photo's Fly - if you are running a 'free taxi' can we book for for our next trip to Southampton  :?  :?  :?  ;)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
 8) well had a brilliant holiday my pc and photobucket are peeing me off at the moment  >:(  so picys will follow later.

Crap flight as usual to Dubai only takes six and half hours but it left about nine thirty pm and landed in Dubai at seven pm their time, so we lost a nights sleep. However we were taken to a Hyatt hotel for breakfast and were on the ship for eleven am so managed a snooze before room was ready at two pm.
Lovely ship and staff.
We had the mandatory muster drill before setting sail and then were told we were to have anopther drill the following day called a 'safe haven' drill as we were to sail through the Gulf of Aden - Somali pirate waters.
Having sailed through before when we had a twenty four hour around the ship watch by guards we weren't too bothered.

Gulf of Haden
Having had the drill and knew what to do if the alarm came we just got on with our cruise - the next morning I was in the pool temp was 96F so cooling off was  welcome. We already ready knew that for three nights all outside decks were closed and outer lights out until we got through the Gulf of Aden. Things must have changed since our last trip through there!
The announcment was made by the first female captain we have ever had - 'Safe Haven, Safe Haven, Safe Haven boomed over the tannoy. everyone looked blank at each other - the staff were running round looking worried.
We needed to leave all open decks and go to the staircases and landings away from windows. Not an easy one on this ship as it was from the Vision Class and so full of windows  :-?
A member of staff was telling another member he had seen the ship 'zig-zagging' which was what we were told would happen should another boat get to close. As we left the pool side the only person left on the deck - was a child!! on a lilo in the pool  :-? The staff were frantically trying to get him to hear them as he splashed around. - where were his parents!!
Anyway the whole thing lasted about fifteen/twenty minutes or so I think and then the captain explained that two boats had come far too close to the ship - but she said 'now I think they will understand'???
At the captains question time a male passenger spoke and told of what he saw at two pm out on deck whilst having a smoke (we had left the GOA by then). Seems he watched a boat come up very close to our ship and 'large black cases' were being off loaded from the ship - the captain I was told didn't give a straight answer as to what they were. We can I suppose draw our own conclusions - and I do know that the ship had security staff who could use weapons  :-X Anyway the rest of the transit through the GOA was peaceful but extremely hot.
We didn't get off at the Egyptian ports having seen what we want to see in that part of the world. One would think that with the antiquities they have they would be amongst the richest in the world - not true though is it!

Alexandria we were told has got 'worse' wouldn't have thought possible!!
We were told by a staff member that he went to buy toiletries using a taxi. He was told that there are very few police as they have had their money cut so many have left. Who protects me asked the staff member - taxi driver shrugged showed him a knife fastened to each side of him and a gun under his seat - I have to protect myself he said!

Suez Canal
Really enjoyed the transit and we were on the opposite side to last time so a different view. Didn't leave our room, had breakfast and lunch on the balcony using room service - Jumping up and down like zebadee taking photos.
Will post some picys later.  8)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
Suez Canal Transit

This was scary as they got in the ships path and were being drawn towards us - their frantic rowing didn't do much  :-?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:43:07 AM by Old Cruser »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »

At Sea - calmer than the queens park Lake

Heading nearer Barcelona last day it got a swell on.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »
Heading nearer Barcelona last day it got a swell on.

That's why I don't do boats  ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
It got a little worse during that last night raining in Barcelona when the got off the ship the next day. Local chap said they had had 3 days of rain  :-?

It's always the same the second week on cruises . Thepool side and outer decks begin to resemble a 'seal 'colony' as the food intake begins to show  ::)
Hubby decided to give up his old drummer work and become a life guard even though I reminded him he couldn't swim!!

Here he is at the ready ======

:-?  ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »

Safaga - forget Pickfords removals just chuck it all onto a trolley

Dubai - sorry it's so hazy the heat was incredible

Daily workout pool side

Alexandria - it looks ok from here - don't be fooled though!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk