Author Topic: And so it begins  (Read 835 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: And so it begins
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2024, 10:51:50 AM »
Thursdays result was not a complete surprise.

I thought Farage's Reform party would have fared better but none the less he's got into the Commons and I really hope he shakes things up a bit.

Having watched the speech by Starmer outside no. 10 yesterday it was very upbeat and full of hope, I've taped it so during his stint as P.M. I can revisit it and see how he's faring {baring in mind I hope to still be around in another 5 years}.
I watched on the news this morning the new cabinet ministers arriving to start "work" and Angela Rayner turned up, now I may not be an expert on ladies fashions but as she walked up Downing street she resembled a tea clipper in full sail, not to mention the colour but then again if she does a good job I don't care if she does it wearing a monks habit and ski mask.

Don't expect too much too soon....as with all incoming parties they spend the first 2 years of their tenure blaming "the last lot" as to why things are not moving on apace.....I wish them luck, lets hope he's not Rishie Sunak part two.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2024, 10:24:21 AM »
Only a few days in and Labour are saying we will do this and we will do that.

I notice that Rishi Sunak has lost one of his cabinet, Cameron has quit {again} and got the hell out of Dodge, Rishi won't be too far behind him no doubt, I predict by Xmas Rishi and his wife's bank account will be living in America.

Labour says they are hoping to recoup some money from the "failed" Rwanda scheme, while they're about it they can recoup all the money that was wasted on bogus P.P.E. contracts during the pandemic {like they said they would do at the time}.

They are going to build 1.5 million homes over the next parliament, already the N.I.M.B.Y's are closing ranks, especially the Tory held seats.
That amount of housing will take up a lot of space.
One way would be to buy up agricultural land from farmers and build there, green belt I hear you cry! well lets face it agricultural farming in this country has been on the decline for years, almost anyone reading this knows of a farm that has a field {or fields} full of Solar panels, or a farmer who now runs glamping/camping sights on arable land, as traditional farming does not seem to pay, besides the vast majority of our foodstuffs is shipped in from abroad anyway.

Speaking of new cabinet members I was surprised to find Emily Thornberry has not been offered a cabinet post, maybe she was too close to Corbyn and this new party want's to distance itself from him, if that is true then they need a new leader!!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2024, 12:42:01 PM »
Meanwhile what's your thought on Jo Biden

It just gets worse, Biden at the meeting yesterday, when introducing Volodymyr Zelenskyy called him president PUTIN!!! and later he referred to his vice president as "Vice president TRUMP".
He says he's had a least 3 tests to prove his fitness to run and passed basically with flying colours, well of course you can pass when your being tested by yes men and sycophants your bound to come out smelling of roses.

I predict that before the election gets under way Biden will be forced out, something along the lines of
"President in hospital undergoing surgery and doctors advise him he must drop out on {physical} medical grounds" thereby saving face.

Trump needn't do any electioneering at all....Bidens doing all that for him.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2024, 11:35:07 AM »
Well it had to happen....... Trump.

The conspiracy theorists are on line in droves apparently....Put up job, the C.I.A. were behind it, etc.
No matter what the reason this is not the way a "civilised" country behaves!!!
Having said that I have always had my opinion about who was involved in the J.F.K. assassination ever since I watched his demise unfold on t.v. when I was a teenager and it's never altered all these years later.

On this side of the pond I doubt there are many Trump supporters but it was shocking to see, he's one very lucky bloke.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2024, 07:42:02 PM »
Trumps running mate sounds a right bundle of fun, just by watching the news today it seems just over a year ago the vice president pursuivant Michael Pence couldn't stand Trump and he took every available second of air time to talk him down, now all of a sudden they are big buddies.

Allegedly:-
 It appears Pence seems anti Ukraine and possibly thinks Putin is the bees knees, so any help for Ukraine against Putin will more than likely dry up if they get in. He also has made it abundantly clear he does not like Britain's new Labour government so working with a Trump president is going to be an up hill struggle for Starmer and his crew.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Today at 07:55:02 PM »
Correction...The incumbent V.P. is J.D.Vance not Pence which is the name I saw when I looked him up, obviously not updated their blogs.

After listening to Biden this morning I can only assume his doctors and those around him read this forum!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk