Author Topic: Budget  (Read 1859 times)

therealjr

• View Profile
Budget
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »
I'm amazed there's been no comments on here. I'm more amazed however that there's been no comments elsewhere. Must be difficult to support a party that has announced a living wage increase, something you vehemently oppose!
But then again I suppose on here it's difficult to praise a party you vehemently oppose when they announce a policy you whole heartedly support !
Isn't politics fun!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Budget
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
Your post implies that all other members have the same political views - we dont.

Also, I have not had the time to look at in any detail - or do you expect me to comment on the matter after a few hours of it being announced?

TBH Jon, your post is a little offensive, to say the least.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:04:12 PM »
Do I detect a hint of smart aris sarcasm JR  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
I think people needed time to reflect and weigh  up on this budget and it's implications.
Initial though it seemed fair enough - only now it has been weighed up.

The increase in their 'Living wage' V the Tax Credits are leaving many less well off which wasn't that apparent ( well not to me as I don't get either ) at first.

Also as someone has posted on here in the past the younger end of our population won't be able to get benefits for housing and so parents will be picking up the bill.

I'm wondering now where this leaves Social Care in helping those fostered and who are old enough to get a home, I doubt the ground force staff will not be impressed!!

The first rumblings - from Mind!

Yesterday, the Chancellor announced cuts to support for people who cannot work because of illness or disability. These changes will effect tens of thousands of people with mental health problems.

Tell your MP that these cuts are an insult to people who cannot work because of their mental health.

From April 2017, many people applying for out-of-work support because of illness or disability will only receive around £3,500 a year, rather than the current rate of £5,000, which is already not a lot to survive on. The Government has implied that people will be more likely to be in work if their benefits are cut. We think this is insulting and misguided.

People struggle to move into work because of the impact of their health condition, the poor back-to-work support provided by schemes such as the Work Programme, and the stigma and discrimination they often face from employers. Cuts to their financial support will make people’s lives more difficult and will do nothing to help them return to work.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:11:15 PM by Old Cruser »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

rocky wolfbanger

• Rocky Wolfbanger show has arrived in town !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
I'm amazed there's been no comments on here. I'm more amazed however that there's been no comments elsewhere. Must be difficult to support a party that has announced a living wage increase, something you vehemently oppose!
But then again I suppose on here it's difficult to praise a party you vehemently oppose when they announce a policy you whole heartedly support !
Isn't politics fun!!
The rise in wages will see some laid off for one, small businesses or even bigger business will either refuse to pay for the increase or go out of business. The removal of tax credits will see some pushed further into poverty. The slash in benefits will have the knock on effect on crime and social stability in short the budget looks good on the surface but peel back the surface things are not so good. Clearly the world of JR is all but well for now but who knows what may knock on your door? Another effort on wage increase will be prices will rise so the increase is lost though more going out in living costs , it would have been better to slash VAT to promote economic growth as prices fall to a more realistic cost of living .

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:05:39 PM »
I'm all for a rising in the minimum wage, however businesses will have to fund this and so pass on the increase to the punters.
It's a vicious circle
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

therealjr

• View Profile
Budget
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 10:00:05 PM »
Ok so for avoidance of doubt I wasn't trying to be insulting but maybe I was a little sarcastic towards a certain other place. But my point still stands. A living wage, one of the major policies in the Labour campaign, hijacked by the Tories despite the fact that most of their supporters would prefer to see a maximum wage of £5 an hour.  If politics wasn't confusing enough!!
And as for it putting prices up, I agree, I've been saying that for ages
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk