Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22016 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2021, 09:08:36 PM »
TV news interviewed one mother and she said (about his young son) "he deserves a holiday".

Maybe so, but does he deserve being exposed to COVID?

Some people need to get there priorities in order (IMHO).
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »

So the people holidaying in Portugal, their status has gone from green to amber in the blink of an eye and as usual most are looking round for someone to blame for their woes, well it's obvious if they hadn't been in such an all fired hurry to vacate these shores and instead aired on the side of caution they wouldn't be in this predicament.

Wait till at least NEXT YEAR to travel abroad...........It won't kill you!!!!

I agree with you there, I'm not sure why people are so desperate to to go abroad. The flying alone puts me off.
We enjoyed a lovely weekend in Filey with friends and have just had email conformation that the Steam Train trip we had booked on for last March is finally to go ahead.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »
So it looks like the easing of the lock down may be put back at least another month...well I'm not surprised, why would anyone be?

I've said it before...... whilst people mingle in close proximity to one another NOT wearing masks, I'm exempt you know!!
Whilst buses and shops WON'T enforce the "must wear a mask" rule, this allows the above.
Whilst people are allowed to jet off and possibly bring back heaven knows what.
Whilst we are STILL, it seems, letting people into the country from possibly amber and even red countries without stringent controls.

Yes... not surprised at all!

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »
I don't mind it being extended. Younger people hopefully have time on their side to get out there and holiday etc, as an older person I don't but hey ho what will be will be!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
Took one of my granddaughters up to get her first jab at Sharley park this afternoon, wife waited for her outside and I waited in the car.

First of all I instantly knew this was a different generation being given the vaccine, some of the cars in the car park were a dead giveaway, cars 10 years old and over obviously had a lot of money spent on them not realising they would still only get a few hundred quid if it got written off, one car opposite me had an exhaust you could have pushed a melon up and when he drove away it sounded like a spitfire and made that whooosing noise every time he changed gear {a real pet hate of mine}
Next we had those going in, at one point it looked like a convention. I swear most looked as though they had rolled out of bed rolled around on the bedroom floor for 5 minutes and the clothes that stuck to them that's what they wore.

But the main one {according to my granddaughters account} was the fact a sign on the entrance saying "SWITCH OFF MOBILE PHONES" and she said the staff inside were CONSTANTLY having to tell these people to switch off their phones alas apparently to no avail.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2021, 09:25:42 PM »
When I worked in the motor trade, we had a saying for those sort of exhausts - "sounds well but goes like a wet fart!"
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2021, 06:38:20 PM »
When I worked in the motor trade, we had a saying for those sort of exhausts - "sounds well but goes like a wet fart!"

Exactly.... why spend wads of cash on your exhaust to make it sound as if it's blowing, and another thing if my car made that noise I would be pulled up and booked.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2021, 12:09:28 PM »
So they've opened up more "green" countries and it would appear the stampede to holiday abroad has begun. Quite obviously people are more interested in getting some sun on their backs than worry about spreading Covid.
 Fine jet off to sunnier climes if you want to but if I were in charge I would warn them if they contracted Covid and brought it back with them then they should be hospitalised AND PAY FOR THE TREATMENT!! plus pay for anyone they infected, hit them where it hurts, in the pocket.

Same with those who STILL refuse the vaccine, o.k. if they refuse then they MUST be made to test for Covid WEEKLY or face a hefty fine or even imprisonment.

Vaccines are NOT 100% no one is saying they are, but most people are still under the impression {now they've possibly had both jabs} that they are TOTALLY immune from the disease and this will keep the problem rolling on.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
I think the restrictions are being lifted on July 19th.
It is up to the individual to decide how they will or will not keep themselves and others safe.
We recently finally went on the Steam Train trip to Edinburgh. Staying two nights in a York hotel
Before we went we took a voluntary flow test.
We took one on our return
It is common sense!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2021, 11:14:02 AM »
The Winding Wheel is now operating as a walk-in centre for vaccinations. There was a large queue when we went past this morning 👍🏻

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2021, 12:48:19 PM »
I for one am still wearing the mask when in shops.
I haven't burnt my bra yet and the mask will be the same - it stays! (y)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »
So it would seem the next step the government is taking to try to get the younger generation to have Covid jabs is {not unsurprisingly} bribing them, bribes such as cheap/free taxi fares discounted delivered meals are among the offerings.

If I were the government I would be going the other way, after all we can't really beat this pandemic till EVERYONE is vaccinated, and these ditherers are just adding fuel to the fire.

Lets see how these people {because of no vaccinations} like having to pay DOUBLE for their prescriptions and PAY for medical care. Having MORE tax stopped out of their wages....start making them pariahs, if you haven't got your jabs certificate you can't holiday, you can't work {and won't be paid} we are at a critical stage and we can't afford people out there being bloody minded, if it were left to me I'd give them an ultimatum..."Get your jabs or go to jail".

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2021, 11:22:36 AM »
I agree it's so annoying and disappointing that some are not taking up on the vaccine offer.
Meanwhile, Calow Hospital still has Covid cases going in as I am sure do other hospitals.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2021, 07:32:10 PM »
Been to Tesco's Clay Cross this morning and I am amazed at, not just how many shoppers are no longer wearing masks, but how many of their staff aren't either.
This "cautious" approach to easing the lock down obviously means the majority binning their masks as it's "business as usual".
As I've said before maybe me and the wife are being over cautious about this but I would sooner be over cautious than run the risk of it kicking off again, until then we will continue to wear our masks, possibly up to Xmas {or beyond}.
During the worst of the pandemic about one in every 50 people didn't wear a mask, for one reason or another, now it seems like one in half a dozen.
Mask wearers are definitely in a minority now! I've just watched the early evening news and they were talking to a young man {early 20's} from his hospital bed obviously with breathing difficulties possibly Covid related, and not only did he admit to delaying having the jab he's laying there breathless and he is STILL undecided whether to have the jab or not.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2021, 02:14:24 PM »
Sorastro there are some who will never believe covid is real.
We carry on with the wearing of masks in shops and hygiene, it is of no problem to us to do this. I am unsure why some just can't wait to bin masks and the hand washing routine.
We have winter looming - it will be interesting!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk