Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22043 times)

wollygobble

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2020, 03:57:09 PM »
Ideally I imagine it should be for things like a new kitchen tap if one has broken and water is spurting out, or a fuse (remember those?!) blows and you don't have a replacement.
Yes, you're right.  I had only thought of the non-essential stuff that I want from them.  It's not available on home delivery, so I'm not buying it.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »
One of the first places to be shut when it "hit" was {and I still can't figure out why} Council refuse sites. This coincides with the suspension of our green bin {garden waste} collections till further notice which obviously doesn't help.

Saw on the news this morning "An upsurge in fly tipping because of the refuse site closures".
You really don't have to be a boffin to have worked THAT out.

Same with the P.P.E that was stolen in Salford, what are they going to do with it? they can't flog it in the local, for two obvious reasons, the
 main one being the local's shut. They can't, even if their consciences are pricking them, leave it somewhere and tip off the authorities to retrieve it because technically the consignment runs the risk of being contaminated so cannot be used.

I said on an earlier post, Britain needs now to get straightened out, the phrase being used is "The New Normal".  The authorities are in a position now they have not been in since the second world war namely they have the WHOLE countries attention.
SO MAKE GOOD USE OF IT!!!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »
This is what we've been doing to amuse ourselves whilst in lockdown!

1000 pieces and took us around a work, it was quite a lot harder than a 'scenic' puzzle. It's interesting looking at all the old products.

Two images showing portrait and landscape view (and its put them both in the same orientation!)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:41:45 PM by Fly »
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »
This is what we've been doing to amuse ourselves whilst in lockdown!

1000 pieces and took us around a work, it was quite a lot harder than a 'scenic' puzzle. It's interesting looking at all the old products.

Two images showing portrait and landscape view (and its put them both in the same orientation!)

And now it's put them how I intended???

Also it took around a week, not work (fat fingers vs small keys!)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »
My daughter has got  it but the only sympton is a cough.She has been told by work to get tested but is in a difficult situation.The testing station is 7 miles away from where she lives in Nottingham.She does not drive  and cannot go by taxi and obviously all her friends do not want to risk it and she lives on her own.She has been in isolation for  seven days so hopefully she might get rid of the cough soon.
Her last hope is the taxi firm who she uses are going  let her know tomorrow whether anybody  will take her.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 10:11:45 PM »
And now it's put them how I intended???

So i'm an 'it' now am I ?  :P

Fingers crossed for your daughter Umpire  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2020, 07:37:14 AM »
So i'm an 'it' now am I ?  :P

Fingers crossed for your daughter Umpire  :(

Thanks Fly, I thought it was either a gremlin or my stupidity!

Umpire, I' too have got my fingers croeed.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:17 PM »
One of the first places to be shut when it "hit" was {and I still can't figure out why} Council refuse sites. This coincides with the suspension of our green bin {garden waste} collections till further notice which obviously doesn't help.
Closure of refuse sites was announced on CBC website 24th March, but I can't find any mention of green bin collections being suspended, and ours was collected on 8th April.  Where have you got this from please?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2020, 11:28:04 AM »

Saw on the news this morning "An upsurge in fly tipping because of the refuse site closures".
You really don't have to be a boffin to have worked THAT out

Saw on the news THIS morning "Calls for councils to re open refuse sites due to increased fly tipping".

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2020, 10:03:10 AM »
Watched Matt Hancock on Question time last night {8p.m.-9p.m.} and they got on about the logistical challenge of getting a warehouse full of P.P.E. equipment out to the front line staff and he said it was basically in the hands of the army {obviously logistical corp.}
He mentioned the man in charge, Brigadier Phil Prosser

All that needs to be done is send in Trunkers maybe once a week to the "Large warehouse in the North East that's full of the equipment" mentioned by the Health minister, to collect the P.P.E. equipment and the depots delivery vans can have the stuff out and delivered the next day.

Medical staff constantly complaining of shortage of P.P.E. equipment, so much so a plane full of boxes of P.P.E. equipment has just flown in from China.

Why Matt Hancock is still collecting a wage beggars belief...this is the kind of thinking that's costing lives.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2020, 10:57:46 AM »

Medical staff constantly complaining of shortage of P.P.E. equipment, so much so a plane full of boxes of P.P.E. equipment has just flown in from China.

Why Matt Hancock is still collecting a wage beggars belief...this is the kind of thinking that's costing lives.

FINALLY.......the government is realising they have "conned" the public into believing they knew what they were doing and have actually asked a [proper?] logistics firm to step in, not before time.
Clipper Logistics. Having said that Clipper is only a bulk distributor {obviously what's needed} but a quick look and they don't seem to have any depots in the south of England, so even I know they will need some help.
Then again anything is better than what was attempted previously.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2020, 03:09:37 PM »
A delivery of PPE, including much needed gowns, should have arrived from Turkey today, but has for some reason been delayed.

I did hear a snatch of a news item earlier today where the government had ignored the impending sweep of Coronavirus for five weeks, which would have given them time to prepare themselves a bit better than they have done.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2020, 08:19:40 PM »
A delivery of PPE, including much needed gowns, should have arrived from Turkey today, but has for some reason been delayed.

I did hear a snatch of a news item earlier today where the government had ignored the impending sweep of Coronavirus for five weeks, which would have given them time to prepare themselves a bit better than they have done.

The government Alsatian did what they always do whenever any "crisis" hits, they consult the bean counters FIRST.
Just like the C.E.O. of any major corporation the reaction is, "How can we get through this with the minimum financial loss". The government over the years, on many things, have been accused of " knee jerk reactions", but in this case a knee jerk reaction to the ensuing Coronavirus catastrophe was DEFINITELY needed, as they are now finding out to their cost {or rather our cost}

Another thing that's got my goat:- quotes in today's Mirror......
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going.....where there was fear she has brought courage....with reassuring calmness she has lifted our spirits..... leading from the front..... she has united the country once more...... this vomit inducing bilge goes on for nearly 2 pages".

No prizes for guessing who they're on about, I must have missed something!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:24 PM »

The government Alsatian did what they always do whenever any "crisis" hits, they consult the bean counters FIRST.
Just like the C.E.O. of any major corporation the reaction is, "How can we get through this with the minimum financial loss". The government  >[ s ]<  over the years, on many things, have been accused of " knee jerk reactions", but in this case a knee jerk reaction to the ensuing Coronavirus catastrophe was DEFINITELY needed, as they are now finding out to their cost {or rather our cost}

Another thing that's got my goat:- quotes in today's Mirror......
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going.....where there was fear she has brought courage....with reassuring calmness she has lifted our spirits..... leading from the front..... she has united the country once more...... this vomit inducing bilge goes on for nearly 2 pages".

No prizes for guessing who they're on about, I must have missed something!

Was that intended to be lined out?

Edit: Just checked it. You'd put an s in square brackets [] at the end of the word government [ s ], which turned on the strike through feature (y)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:19:54 PM by Fly »
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2020, 12:13:48 PM »
Once again Fly thanks I c*cked up, didn't remember about the s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk