Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22012 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 04:35:41 PM »
Once again Fly thanks I c*cked up, didn't remember about the s.

It's people like you and I that keeps Fly busy!  ::)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
This is what we've been doing to amuse ourselves whilst in lockdown!

1000 pieces and took us around a work, it was quite a lot harder than a 'scenic' puzzle. It's interesting looking at all the old products.

Two images showing portrait and landscape view (and its put them both in the same orientation!)

I haven't had time to get bored. having cancelled all daughters support prior to the lockdown I am doing it, we pass time by playing board games on some days also she likes to have a walk round a few times each day inside. She can't really walk much but with the help of a walking frame and me following her plus rests in between she manages four times in a day inside the home. Anymore than four and she's in danger of falling but she's pleased with that.

I also have my Hedgehogs who are now being returned slowly to me. These are the  11 hoglets i rescued last year. There's others visiting my garden as well.

I keep in contact with friends by phone and also am receiving calls for support from people in the parish - this all makes for a busty day!

The shopping seems to be getting easier so I guess people have stopped panic buying now. I have booked deliveries   family and  daughters PA's are also helping with getting essentials.

I'm not sure what's happening with the PPE stuff it's not good is it! Our carers need protecting. I'm sure there will be a lot more horror stories and upsetting situations coming out in the next weeks!!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:09 AM »
My daughter has got  it but the only sympton is a cough.She has been told by work to get tested but is in a difficult situation.The testing station is 7 miles away from where she lives in Nottingham.She does not drive  and cannot go by taxi and obviously all her friends do not want to risk it and she lives on her own.She has been in isolation for  seven days so hopefully she might get rid of the cough soon.
Her last hope is the taxi firm who she uses are going  let her know tomorrow whether anybody  will take her.

Hope your daughter recovers well umpire.
My step daughter has it ( well she thinks she has - without a testing kit it's guess work but she's been pretty bad with her breathing!) Working in a residential  home apparently another member of staff has gone off with it as well  -
Wishing everyone a full recovery x

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 08:46:56 AM »
This is what we've been doing to amuse ourselves whilst in lockdown!

1000 pieces and took us around a work, it was quite a lot harder than a 'scenic' puzzle. It's interesting looking at all the old products.

Two images showing portrait and landscape view (and its put them both in the same orientation!)

Love the Jigsaw !!  (y)

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 09:36:37 PM »
I spoke to my daughter today and the cough has gone.She says its the best shes felt for over two weeks.Considering  that  she  has only had  a mild dose  of the virus   and it has taken that length of time  to recover those who survive serious symptoms could face a long road to complete recovery.
We are very relieved.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2020, 01:37:14 AM »
Good news  (y)

Sending my best to all the forum members  MD
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2020, 08:29:01 AM »
I spoke to my daughter today and the cough has gone.She says its the best shes felt for over two weeks.Considering  that  she  has only had  a mild dose  of the virus   and it has taken that length of time  to recover those who survive serious symptoms could face a long road to complete recovery.
We are very relieved.

I am pleased to hear this . Stay safe  (y)

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »
Closure of refuse sites was announced on CBC website 24th March, but I can't find any mention of green bin collections being suspended, and ours was collected on 8th April.  Where have you got this from please?

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.
Got a leaflet with our bin collection last week confirming green bin suspension till further notice as of 10th April, possibly you have one now!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »
Thank you all.Back to work for her on Tuesday.We spoke to her this afternoon  in Nottingham and she was sat out in the sun.What sun is that I said not seen it in Newbold today.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2020, 06:48:47 PM »

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.
Got a leaflet with our bin collection last week confirming green bin suspension till further notice as of 10th April, possibly you have one now!
Thank you.  No we haven't, and our green bin was emptied again on April 22nd.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22:58 PM »
The new normal........

Some good things seem to be coming out of this, I've noticed over the weeks shopping has become {and made people become} more organised in their shopping habits. Many now just shop once a week, no more pushing and jostling for position in the supermarkets, browsing has almost ceased to exist, you are "herded" in an orderly fashion in and out of the store, everybody made to wait their turn, and most people have stopped griping about it.
As for holidays I believe holidays {if any at all}in this country will be the norm for a few years to come, mainly because we will probably end up with fewer flights and cruises, besides every country will be wanting it's population to spend and get the "mother" country back up and running first before spending your cash abroad, just imagine what places like Benidorm are like at this moment.
It looks like the new norm will be a condensed version of what we have been used to, and I can't see it becoming a bad thing in some respects.

Some not so good things. We have all been made aware, over the weeks, just how ineffective our government has been in tackling this outbreak, not least because in 2016 the powers that be did a "dummy run" on what to do and what was needed in case of a sudden pandemic and they all decided, on paper at least, they were more than ready.   
One thing the government {and future governments} MUST do is never ever take the N.H.S. and the caring profession for granted again, give them the staff they need, the P.P.E. they need and moreover give them ALL a pay rise.

According to the paper today a young girl of 10 is planning to do keepy-uppies presumably for charity, she's doing one for every U.K. key worker in the country. I won't tell you how many key workers there are but she has set herself 2,500 keepy-uppies per day and by the time she's finished she will be old enough to vote..... I blame the parents myself.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »
I have to be honest but I don't mind the restrictions, I'm so used to dashing around it makes a rest for me, also we as pensioners are I think lucky as at least we get our money every month!
It's the workers who are struggling.

I do with the weather would flipping well settle and warm up. I have two more hedgehogs waiting for release and it's really not fair to let them free. It would disadvantage them.

What is happening with the children is very concerning and I hear some schools may open?  Nooooooooo not a good idea just yet.

On the Celebration side I am sending Mr Tom my best wishes on his 100th birthday.
He has done our country proud  (y)

handy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2020, 02:07:01 PM »
Agree with you we as pensioners are probably the best off, really no worries if we follow the rules on isolation etc we had the option of free food parcels etc turned them down, don't need them a lot poorer families need them more than us, a few pensioners do need more help the really disabled and we are on the vulnerable list but still feel we don't need them. Only been out once and that was a blood test chose the drive-through option set up at the Arena in Sheffield well set up no contact with anybody except the person taking the blood was well thought out and a think a safer than going to the Hallamshire Hospital.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2020, 12:07:35 PM »
Now I know we are all in this together! diseases know no boundaries, old or young, rich or poor, famous or even infamous, BUT....

Is it really necessary for news channels to focus on individuals just because of their status.
We know only too well that the Prime Minister is in hospital with the virus {and hopefully will make a full recovery} but do we need a blow by blow account every waking moment of every day just because of who he is. To date over 5000 have died in this country with the virus, that means that 99:9% of the victims hardly got a mention.

I think, now Boris had a near death experience, he may have a better outlook on life and REALLY start and appreciate those around him, especially the hospital staff that for want of a better word saved his life. This should lead him to letting the rest of us hopefully getting a  fairer shake and I hope we all end up being better off for this.

I did find out where the beds in the Nightingale came from. When coronavirus hit the N.H.S. stopped ALL non essential operations thereby freeing up over 25,000 beds.
My only worry is that we relax too soon, if there's a small fire in your home you don't just throw a bucket of water on it and then go out, you stay put till you KNOW it's out and no longer a threat.
Better another two or three weeks of lockdown rather than us mingling and having to start all over again, with yet more losses.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2020, 01:59:45 PM »
Quote from Sorastro: My only worry is that we relax too soon, if there's a small fire in your home you don't just throw a bucket of water on it and then go out, you stay put till you KNOW it's out and no longer a threat.
Better another two or three weeks of lockdown rather than us mingling and having to start all over again, with yet more losses.

That's my worry too, also given the number of people already flouting the social distancing rules (indeed a near neighbour had a 'garden party' for his family and friends this weekend) I shudder to think what'll happen once it starts to ease.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk