Author Topic: Covid - 19  (Read 22010 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Covid - 19
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2021, 10:58:37 PM »
 :)) :)) :)) Only 7 years?  :))
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:45 PM »
It is alleged...............
                      The "better off" countries have clubbed together to help roll out the vaccine to under developed and developing countries. The U.K. is allegedly bankrolling this endeavour to the tune of £548 million. Thus far well over 39 million people, in the richest countries, have already received their first jab.
Allegedly in Africa the total number of people vaccinated so far stands at 25.

Based on those {alleged} figures where do people stand on this?
Should everyone get "fair shares" worldwide, even though it means your fellow countrymen may have to wait much longer for their shot.
Or lets get everybody sorted out in this country first before we turn our attentions outward.
It could be argued that "We are all in this together" and the pandemic should be attacked in every corner of the world simultaneously to stop the spread.
Or if we do the latter then more and more infected people from the "red" countries will filter into Britain {and other countries} and we would NEVER be free of Covid as our border laws are so lax.

There are approximately 21,000 people A DAY entering Britain. As it stands only a third of those are abiding by the lock down rules.
Those entering from {red} banned countries are getting round it by travelling to and arriving from non red countries.
People are STILL gathering, yesterdays news about breaking up a party for a one year old in Mansfield.
Possible shortages of vaccine, the Government say they are on top of it...yet at this moment in time the Astra Zenica vaccine is yes being manufactured in Oxford but it is then sent to GERMANY to be Bottled then sent back, just how much would it take to open our own bottling plant, it basically wouldn't, it could be bottled at source with the right machinery.
At this rate it is rumoured that very soon we will have more people that give injections than vaccine to be injected.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2021, 10:34:37 AM »
It's a double edged sword really as, with countries that are suffering political unrest as well as those with huge corruption issues, how can anyone make sure that the help goes to everyone fairly and free of cost to the individuals?

It's a difficult one to decide on.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2021, 01:46:30 PM »
I can't work how how they have put the lists together as it rolls out.
I can understand the care homes and staff, older generation etc but people like my daughter who has a serious medical problem is way down the list - All her staff have now had the vaccine, she depends on their support and ours.
If she got this virus and it badly affected her she doesn't get enough in Direct Payments to cover all her support. Would she then be moved to a hospital  when they could be cared for at home if they had someone with them --- there must be thousands like my daughter who would struggle if they should be really poorly with this virus.
This hasn't been thought out as well as what it could have been.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2021, 11:27:39 AM »
The update is Britain has ordered and is to receive 400 million doses of vaccine, the outcome of this is that the P.M. is to give the excess doses, presumably after we all get our 2 doses, to developing countries..... sounds good.
It sounds a lot but nearly all the under developed countries have really massive populations so other countries are going to have to pitch in with more {or at least equal the amount} that Britain is claiming at the moment.

I heard someone say about easing the lock down {poss April} that, for Boris, this is his last chance to get it right, the phrase they used was that should he fail it's "Three strikes and your out".

All this talk of some people refusing to have the jab, obviously because of a lot of scaremongering, will obviously make it very difficult for this country to get a lid on this pandemic, especially with new strains popping up. Unfortunately slowly talking some of them round may not be fast enough even with the new t.v. commercial trying to convince some groups.
If it fails to convince them then there must be a call for tough{er} action, this is not the time for people to sit on the fence, your either having the jab or your not, wherever you are from, whatever your background, irrespective of the length of time some have spent in this country {even if you were born here} the fact remains the longer you refuse to be vaccinated the more "dangerous" you become, not just to the general public but to your family and friends. We should be sending out a message to these people that if you don't have the jab it will come back and bite you on the bum.
For example the suggestion of signs outside shops "No mask..No serve" another one that popped up on last nights Question time by an audience member, he suggested "No jab..No job", in other words make these people social pariahs.
You have to ask yourself... In our society if someone {for whatever reason} becomes a danger, to not only themselves but the population in general, then what does society expect our leaders and our lawmakers to do about it!

Just as an afterthought, I was in the hospital yesterday waiting for my wife who was having a few tests done {no! not that thankfully} and sat on the table near me was a box of disposable face masks. I picked it up and the side of the box it said Manufactured in Wuhan!!
Ironic or what.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2021, 12:46:48 AM »
Just for the record, I passed the next level of my Ham license last month.  8)  (y)
73 DE 2E0IFY

Yep i'm the 2E0 with the IFY call sign LOL  O0 C:-) >:
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2021, 08:52:56 PM »
Just for the record, I passed the next level of my Ham license last month.  8)  (y)
73 DE 2E0IFY

Yep i'm the 2E0 with the IFY call sign LOL  O0 C:-) >:

Congratulations mate. I've done that exam myself and know how tough it is.

Well done.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
:)) :D ;D 8)

Well now you will be waiting a long time for me to try that!  :))

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »
Just got back from town, STILL amazed at the amount of "look I'm exempt" badges being worn by people who quite obviously are not taking this pandemic as seriously as I {and many others} are.

The wife called in at Savers on Packers row whilst I waited outside, and having a rough idea of Boris's Covid road map and who can open and when, was very surprised to see the cobblers opposite open! as was the gold shop opposite Birds confectioners shop whilst Birds were closed.
Quite obviously I can't see them flouting the rules so I'm assuming then that shops with only one member of staff must be allowed to open. 

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2021, 12:35:55 AM »
Hasn't Birds closed down. Forgive me if I'm wrong.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2021, 09:29:18 AM »
Hasn't Birds closed down. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Just looked on their site Fly, they are closed all day Mondays, then from 9 till 2 the rest. We were in town late last week and called in the shop so I was pretty sure they are still open.
I usually call in there for something to have with my cuppa about dinner time, they are not cheap but it's good stuff. I used to call in Greggs when it was opposite Specsavers but don't go in the "new", one too much queuing.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »
There's supposedly a marked increase in the number of vaccines we're due to receive in the next week or two, and gp surgeries and vaccination centres are expected to double their efforts to vaccinate people.

🤞

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »
We had our second jab just over three weeks after our first so they are moving fast in some areas

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
So many E.U. countries have suspended the Astra Zenica {Oxford} jab for being "unsafe" all I can say to that is........

Well it's your loss s*d you then, more for us. Seventeen recorded cases of blood clots compared to the millions vaccinated, it doesn't even register on the percentage meter. Quite obviously these people had underlying health problems before the jab that probably went undetected. France has suspended A.Z. and it appears they are now getting their third spike of Corona virus.

The only downside to this is the anti jabbers will have a field day with this news. My advice is Oxford jabs for U.K. citizens and just let the rest of Europe get on with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk